Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: anyone want to discuss British history?  (Read 11099 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: anyone want to discuss British history?
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2006, 04:38:27 PM »
Just wanted to bump this thread in thanks. I'll be looking for all these titles on Amazon.

Not for while, though. I went on a pre-dawn Amazon rampage this morning. Why? Because I'm utterly helpless to resist those "customers who bought this also bought..." links. That, and Buy It Used (which my other half calls "Born Again").

See, this is why I turn off One Click when I've had a couple. I'm susceptible enough as it is.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2006, 11:32:53 AM »
I've been dipping into Liza Picard's Restoration London (yaye for One Click!) and love it. I'm in the middle of plowing through a book for my book club, but I'd much rather be reading Picard's book! :(
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2006, 11:50:39 PM »
I recall on a recent visit to Tenby in Wales that Richard the VII escaped from there to France as he had to live there in exile for a while (I think he was born around there as well).  The town seemed to harbour Tudor royalty in the 15th century.  But he came stomping back to England and defeated Richard III at the Battle of Bosworth.  Richard became the last king of england to die on a battlefield.
That's about all I know on the subject!
And the world first spoke to me in Sensurround

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab