Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Are the rules the same for a Fiance Visa?  (Read 1468 times)

• Life is an Adventure
  • Liked: 0
Are the rules the same for a Fiance Visa?
« on: December 02, 2003, 03:21:45 PM »
Are the rules the same as last year on health care and a Fiance Visa?  I was under the impression that I couldn't get a national health card until I married but by reading some post on here from September last year it looks like maybe I can get it now.  Does anyone know if the rules have changed on that since others got theirs last year. Seems thing have been having a tendency to change since this summer on some things. Thanks for you help.

Kay
Be true to yourself.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Re: Are the rules the same for a Fiance Visa?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2003, 01:10:49 PM »
I came on a Fiancee Visa and was signed up at my local GP and issued an NHS card.  As long as you're residing in the UK, you are eligible for NHS.

Hope that helps!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Life is an Adventure
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 12:00:22 PM »
peedal does the include an osteopath?
Be true to yourself.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 11:56:17 AM »
I'm not sure.  I know that chiropractors aren't covered, but I'll check into the osteopath thing.  

- Benjamin Franklin

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2003, 12:40:11 PM »
The osteopath I go to regularly isn't covered by the NHS. When I went to my GP about my neck & back pain he said he could refer me to a physical therapist, but I'd have to go to a chiro or osteopath out of my own pocket - so I *assume* that goes for the whole NHS, though I may be wrong.  :-/
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2003, 01:04:36 PM »
I checked with hubby and he said he doesn't think osteopaths are covered, either.

- Benjamin Franklin

• Life is an Adventure
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2003, 02:09:44 PM »
Thanks peedal for the research. Was afraid it would be that way. See i came over here in Sept and I had a car accident in June and was being treated for a Whiplash by a Chiropractor over there under my auto insurance coverage. The insurance company told me that it would cover me here but the chiro's and osteopath's here won't except my insurance so I was gonna see if I could just present the bills and the insurance company would pay me back. problem is that I can't get ahold of my adjuster. Everytime I call she is out. I have left my phone number and my email address and the question I want answered and I get my return call.  My back is locked up pretty good and it leaves me with a lot of low back pain and my hips feel like someone has beat me.  I am very frustrated because I can't get them to call me back. I thought if NHS would cover it I would just go that route and forget the insurance company. Looks like I am gonna have to play hard ball with the insurance company. Just didn't want to have the hassle if I could help it but it looks like there is no other way.  Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it. :)
Be true to yourself.

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 04:50:22 PM »
If I were you I would try the NHS.  Make an appointment with your GP (which wouldn't cost you anything) and explain about your car accident and the fact your back is bothering you.  He or she may be able to refer to you to a physical therapist which you could see for free, and you never know - they might be able to help.

In my experience osteopaths and chiropracters are not covered by the NHS, but it may depend upon where you live and what problems you are having.

Good luck with everything!  I hope you feel better soon,
Suzanne

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab