Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance Visa Question...  (Read 1369 times)

Re: Fiance Visa Question...
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 11:04:51 PM »
A decree nisi is sort of a half way point - the stage before the decree absolute (any family lawyers here who can be a bit more precise???). 

Decree nisi is given 6 weeks before the absolute, the nisi is the cooling off period incase either party change there minds and wish to cancel the divorce if after 6 weeks this has not happened you are divorced and you get the papers through.

I got my absolute the 20th October but did not get the paper work till the end of November the court had a back log.

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 11:09:49 PM »
Can anyone who has tax credits or child benefit who has applied for there visa either in person or by post tell me did they call the tax credit office to check the paper work that you handed in is correct?.

Just wondering as I have all my info on that and the telephone numbers are on the paper work but wondering how much this can hold there decision up.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 04:08:27 PM »
I'm resurrecting an old thread, I hope you don't mind.

I'm wondering if anyone has some recent experience with the "divorce under way" part.  I'm a little hesitant to apply for a fiance visa until his divorce is complete, just because I'm afraid it will increase the chances of something going wrong.  Not that there's any problems or difficulties, his divorce is quite simple, no custody battles or child support, no division of property, that was done ages ago.  But I'm in that "if anything CAN go wrong it WILL for me" mindset. 
Are many people successful when applying for a fiance visa while a divorce is under way?

Thank you for your help!!   :)

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 05:09:40 PM »
Yes, often. 

Vicky

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 06:54:52 AM »
Another question.   (my apologies for so many of them)
The decree nisi has been granted.  (Yahoo! Hooray! Yippee!)  Do we need an official form/certificate/paper from the court for my visa application?  Or will the letter from solicitor with photocopy of court paper suffice?  (I'm guessing we'll need something official.)
And another Thankyou for everyone's kind replies.  :)

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2008, 11:27:50 AM »
The court paper is official.  You won't get / need an original until the absolute is granted.

Vicky

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2008, 08:31:25 PM »
Thank you very much Vicky!! 
I was hoping the letter we just received was all we needed.  Now we can both check our envelopes of needed documents and then I think we're ready to apply.  Fingers crossed. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab