Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hardest and Best Things about living in UK  (Read 1715 times)

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
  • Liked: 0
Hardest and Best Things about living in UK
« on: December 04, 2003, 11:43:49 PM »
So far - London's the best part. Cultural offerings, diversity, so many interesting things to see, so many restaurants.

The worst part is of course being away from family. And when I am surrounded by a large group of Brits, I feel that I'm a bit of an outsider. Things to have be explained to me, etc.

Oh, and the signposting on the roads is dreadful.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2003, 11:45:36 PM by GabiP »

• Liked: 1
Re: Hardest and Best Things about living in UK
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 04:27:36 AM »
;D Come to Atlanta....we will show you bad signs..... though we don't have many of the go past the hedgerow and around the sheep and then when you see the crooked tree directions....
ours usually involve Peachtree Streets and cows. ;)
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 02:56:12 PM »

"ours usually involve Peachtree Streets and cows"

Hehehehehe  [smiley=laugh4.gif]

Yes I agree the Cultural offerings and diversity,plus the beauty of the country along with all the history of it.

Taking for granted the things you had in your own country,and missing what made your state or city,town...special.Those are the things that make it hard for me.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 10:43:20 AM »
Hmm-- Best things would have to be the architecture (Natural History Museum is my favorite) and the Gower Penninsula in Wales.

Hardest-- obligatory obsession about the weather and public transport and the general amount of people in such a small island.

"It doesn't matter what you do in the bedroom as long as you don't do it in the street and frighten the horses."   Mrs Patrick Campbell (1865-1940) English Actress

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2003, 07:51:40 AM »
hardest--is being away from my baby sister who is 10 months old:'(

best thing about living here:
is hubby and the fact i am as far away as i can possible get from my parents
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 07:52:25 AM by swirlsweet »

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2003, 09:49:18 PM »
hardest--is being away from my baby sister who is 10 months old:'(

best thing about living here:
is hubby and the fact i am as far away as i can possible get from my parents

Hi there,

I am just wondering are you a student? We are rather close in age so I thought I might ask!

Hehehe: that bit about getting as far away from your parents as possible, hehehe those are fighting words lol! Though, these days I am starting to understand what you mean given the breakup of mine. :'(

Samantha***

Sponsored Links