Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Post LDR Stress Disorder  (Read 1600 times)

Post LDR Stress Disorder
« on: March 10, 2006, 04:00:30 PM »
I swear I suffer from this.  :\\\'( Peter left this afternoon until Tuesday and then comes back for 1 night and then gone again for 2 more nights and I HATE it. I simply cannot handle taking him to the airport because those sick feelings of having to say goodbye from before we were living in the same country come flooding back. We have been living together for over 2 years now, but I just can't shake that "don't go" feeling.
Anyone else get this?

• Liked: 8
Re: Post LDR Stress Disorder
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 04:09:10 PM »
Yep.  Mine still hasn't gone away and I really hate it when DH has to be gone overnight for business.  This is one of those reasons I'll never go back to the US to visit family without him....I'd be a wreck and would probably end up coming back early.   :-\\\\

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 05:08:27 PM »
So so sorry you guys feel that way, hugs!

I LOVE it when Rich goes away, LOVE!!!!  I get the bed to myself can eat whatever I want and take long baths, etc.  Not that I don't do that now, but I do it more. 

I need alone time, I'm just one of those people who does.  I used to love my Sundays, doing nothing but watch TV and eat crap.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 05:17:17 PM »
I do need alone time too, but we spend a lot of "alone time" together. Sitting quietly in the house reading or doing our little hobbies. Also, Peter is my best friend and that is like missing an extra person.  :-\\\\

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 05:18:35 PM »
DH is going to be going overnight for business for the first time since i have been here....and i was worried about how i was going to react....funny someone else should bring up the same issue.

i know it's only overnight.....it's not like it's a couple days, a week or a month....but i'm still kinda freaked out.  i don't like being home alone in this country...but i was quite fine living on my own in the US for 3+ years.  i don't know why i don't like it...but i just don't.

i guess i'll find out in a couple days how i am going to react....i'm gonna try not to think about it until then.... :-\\\\

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 05:29:50 PM »
Wow, I guess I am a minority then.

I'm sure when baby comes I'll feel different.  I'm scared to be alone with baby and he is not even here yet!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 05:43:13 PM »
I LOVE it when Rich goes away, LOVE!!!!  I get the bed to myself can eat whatever I want

me too!  Add chick flicks to the list and that is why I like it when DH goes away.  Except now that the kids are taking up more space and staying up until all hours (teens), I'm thinking I need to send them away once in a while too!
Riding the rollercoaster of life without a seat belt!

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 05:44:17 PM »
me too!  Add chick flicks to the list and that is why I like it when DH goes away.  Except now that the kids are taking up more space and staying up until all hours (teens), I'm thinking I need to send them away once in a while too!

OK, I'm not alone, thank you, I was beginning to worry.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 05:47:02 PM »
There is nothing better than having some alone time in your own home!  Sighhhhh..
Riding the rollercoaster of life without a seat belt!

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 06:27:18 PM »
Hmmm...i had a lot of that with my ex-husband, but now it is different. We like being together. We aren't joined at the hip, but we just like to hang out together and I can really do anything I want when we are together, so that feeling of needing to be alone really isn't there for me. But I do understand the feeling of wanting your own space, I just don't have that anymore.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 07:10:47 PM »
Wow, I guess I am a minority then.

No, you're definitely not alone!! I think a couple really needs time apart. There's nothing healthy about being together 24/7! I don't blame you one bit! Guy and I don't live together (yet), but when we are together now it's for a week at a time, and he takes half days from work, so there's way more togetherness than there would be if we were normally living together. I kind of love it when I'm back home on my own and have the house to myself! I'm sure I'll feel the same way when we're hitched. It's only natural.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 07:13:09 PM »
Frank's never away from home so I dont have that problem but I do have a problem leaving him when I go to the USA or am away for a weekend.
Pamela I can come babysit you for a few hours this weekend if you like. LMK if you wanna meet up or me pop over    ;)

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 07:18:07 PM »
We certainly aren't together 24/7, we would have to be independently wealthy to do that! Maybe one day.  :)
As far as couples needing to spend time apart in order to have a healthy relationship, I just think that is a matter of whatever works for you in your relationship.

Pamela I can come babysit you for a few hours this weekend if you like. LMK if you wanna meet up or me pop over ;)
YES!! I will PM!

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 07:22:07 PM »
I would give almost ANYTHING to have the house to myself for a weekend!!!

We did the LDR thing when I was still in school after he graduated and I loved having the house to myself (after the initial crying jag when he left).  While I wouldn't want to be on my own all the time, there is definitely something to be said for having a bit of solitude.

Revel in being alone while you can, Stacey.  I haven't been alone for more than a few hours for two and-a-half years. [smiley=bigcry.gif]

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 08:10:38 PM »
I LOVE it when Rich goes away, LOVE!!!!  I get the bed to myself can eat whatever I want and take long baths, etc.  Not that I don't do that now, but I do it more. 
I need alone time, I'm just one of those people who does.  I used to love my Sundays, doing nothing but watch TV and eat crap.

You are so much like me, Stacey!!

Neil NEVER goes away... but i always live in hope that someday he will.   The nearest i get is when he goes to the football, cos he is gone for about 7 hours.   BRILLIANT!!
In hindsight, i should never have got married at all...  I value my privacy and peace and solitude farrrrrr too much.  :(

Sponsored Links