Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What to tell consulate?  (Read 450 times)

• Liked: 18
What to tell consulate?
« on: March 11, 2006, 08:26:31 PM »
Well, it turns out I made my appointment in NY not Chicago  :o They were determined in Chicago that the funds then went to NY. I pointed out we have a least 3 different things saying Chicago took the payment.

When I called the help line the person explained to me the appt scheduling thing is completely separate from the payments...and that my payment did indeed to go Chicago, we have proof with the emails and my application saying so, and he said to either get a new appt for Chicago or to send it all in. He also said that when I filled out my application putting down that I lived in IL meant that it automatically directed the payment to the correct consulate.

Im not sure how to convince the consulate they gave me the wrong information...I dont want/need them refusing the visa outright because they think the funds arent there.

Anyone have any advice on what I should do? I really dont have a way to Chicago and would have to spend the nite etc and really just cant afford that at this point. So I will have to mail it in, but I need to be sure they will process my application and not just reject it. Is it possible to get ahold of someoene in charge there?

TIA
Katrina
Moved to the UK April 2006
Married March 2007
Moved to the U.S. June 2009

Husband accepted new job in UK April 2016
Returning to UK Aug/Sept 2016!

Moved from UK-Germany 2022

• Liked: 0
Re: What to tell consulate?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 01:54:10 PM »
Gosh, I have no idea.  I would call them again.  Maybe someone will read this post who has some valuable knowledge on this sort of situation.

Sponsored Links