Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question on cataract surgery  (Read 1322 times)

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
  • Liked: 0
Question on cataract surgery
« on: December 09, 2003, 05:59:48 PM »
Moving to England in May and just found out I will need to have cataract surgery.  Would anyone know is this is something that there is a big wait for?  The idea of having it done in a new environment scares me half to death...Not that NHS hasnt done it before, just that here I know what to  expect.

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
Re: Question on cataract surgery
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 08:34:00 PM »
The problem with NHS waiting lists is that it totally depends on where you live and the facilities/list they have, so there's no good way of telling you how long you'd wait. Best advice I can give is to go to your GP ASAP when you get here, so you can get on the list sooner. Sorry I don't have more info.  :-/
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

• Hi there.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 09:10:40 AM »
I am in Glasgow and my hubby had to wait 10 months for his cataract surgery.  Waiting lists can be bad here, so you will just have to be patient.  The only plus is the surgery is free, so the waiting is the price to pay of sorts.  But if you need life saving surgery it is quick, for "normal" procedures you will wait.

The whole cataract surgery took 20 minutes and they do good aftercare.  In fact, due to an injury to his eye when he was a kid, he has another appointment, that should have been on the 27th of this month, has been changed to August.  Just a fact of life in the UK.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 07:20:24 PM »
I know I'm late here.  But my future father in law has been waiting 2 years for cateract surgery.  No end in sight for him.  Pun intended.  Its horrible to have to wait for a 20 minute surgery.  I don't understand it.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

Sponsored Links