Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: BACK TO SCHOOL!!!  (Read 1439 times)

BACK TO SCHOOL!!!
« on: August 31, 2002, 10:59:40 PM »
Three more days and at least one of mine is back to school! :)But true to life, it's the undemanding middle child who goes back.  The other two-clinging five year old and bored thirteen year old-don't go back till the 9th and 10th.  Yes, foolish me has three kids in three different schools, don't know what I was thinking.   :)

• and you are?
    • biggest APPLE
  • Liked: 0
Re: BACK TO SCHOOL!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2002, 09:00:57 AM »
Yep it is that time again. My eldest started almost two weeks before his sister and has very long days at his new school. He leaves the house at 7:30 and gets out of school around 4:45 most days. By the time he's finished at his present school he's supposed to have racked up enough extra hours to equal a full extra school year. Quite demanding but he seems to enjoy it already.

My youngest is back as well now and she's in full swing. Luckily her new teacher was cleared to start on the first day. Not every teacher was and some children did have to start a day or two late this year. What a mess, but safety first these days.

Well, here's to all of you out there who are either celebrating the return of the school year or to those who are complete wrecks as their little ones march off for the first time.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2002, 06:50:30 PM »
I'm still trying to get a school to put my "little ones" in!!  I'd gladly march them out the door and up the school walk if I could!  ;D

Seems there was a "baby boom" in 1993 and Year 4 is all booked up.  Argh.  School's already been in session here since the 4th, and the schools back in Florida in our town started 12 August!  This is without a doubt the LONGEST summer holiday ever - for ALL of us!!

Well, getting off line now so I can make ANOTHER call to the Education Authority for some guidance... :-/
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2002, 07:44:07 PM »
Hi!

After reading this thread, I've been wondering the following:

Does EACH school decide their own calander and school hours?   Don't ALL state school's start on the same day and have the same days off, etc. like here in the US?  And for the past 2 years I have gotten the following school year calander before the end of the current school year!

I also read a thread about head lice and school policy.
    Are most schools really awful?   Or is everyone leaving out all the 'good' about their schools?

Starting to feel concern,

Gina

Sponsored Links