Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Wedding gifts list for second wedding.  (Read 3580 times)

• Life is an Adventure
  • Liked: 0
Wedding gifts list for second wedding.
« on: December 15, 2003, 02:07:14 PM »
Gee I hope you guys can help me.  I need suggestions for a wedding gift list for my wedding. My fiance doesn't want gift and I am fine without them as well but family and friends insist that we have a wedding gifts list.  They are gonna buy gifts whether we want them to or not. I told my fiance that his family and friends love him and want to give him gifts and he shouldn't deprive them of that.

The problem is that my fiance has just about everything needed for a set up house so what do I put on the list? There a few things we could use not not many. Help!! Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)  Thanks in advance.  

And Missy I don't have my wedding dress either and my wedding is January 17th. Thinking about going to London after Christmas and might find a pretty dress on sale since I am not getting a traditional wedding dress.
Be true to yourself.

Re: Wedding gifts list for second wedding.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 05:39:46 PM »
Hi Kitty.  Well you could really have some fun with your gift list.  Such as hobbies.  Do you and your fiance have any?  Then put that store on the list.  Or certificates to travel agents.  Do you need things for your honeymoon like sun tan lotion?  Or beach flip flops?  Guess you could do all sorts of things really.  Movie or theatre tickets.

Hope that helps.  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 05:40:11 PM by Kizmet122800 »
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2003, 10:04:49 AM »
Kizmet had a few good ideas there Kitty...  Tom and I are not on our first marriage...  and I definitely did not want any gifts that needed to be shipped when we had our commitment ceremony...  So the word was spread to instead of gifts...  make donations towards my move...  or a gift certificate for us to go to a really nice place to eat on our honeymoon.

We got a few gifts anyway...but they were bought with shipping in mind...  a few pampered chef things...  like an apple coring set up...  because we have apple trees in our garden...and like to cook with them. small items that I could squeese into a box.  Tom really loved this gift...and keeps bugging me on whether it has arrived yet or not in its box.  In fackt, I wish it was here today....  I am planning to make some apple bread for gifts.

but in lieu of not wishing to ask for money... hobbies is a great idea...  think of things you both like to do in hobbies...and possible some tools to help you do them...or sports...

One of the best gifts I recieved...many years ago with my ex...was a safebox... not many think of things like this...but having a fireproof safe box is something everyone should have to keep important papers in, or whatever else you treasure.

maybe your fiance has a house full...but what do you have there of your own?  so think of some things that might make you happy and not so homesick... or things you might like to make your cooking time fun and easier.

Shel
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 05:49:50 PM »
Hi Kitty - sounds like an ideal opportunity to get all those little (and big!) things you miss from the States and can't get here. Good luck with the sales, Monsoon and Laura Ashley are good bets as are House of Fraser and Selfridges. My personal favourite for weddingy but not too bridally dresses is Press and Bastyan in South Molton St (also available in Selfridges and Dickens and Jones) and they always have excelelnt bargains in the sales. Happy shopping!

• Fat people are hard to kidnap.
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 06:46:18 PM »
As a gift idea, what about Red Letter Day Gift Cheques?

That way people can spend whatever amount they want (large or small) and you can just pool them all together for something totally cool and unique?

Just an idea!

-Lisa-
If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. ~Carl Sagan

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab