Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US Loan Repayments  (Read 1356 times)

• Banned

• Liked: 0
Re: US Loan Repayments
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 05:30:41 AM »
Living w/ my parents at my age (approaching mid-30s) is not an option. Its just not the done thing in US or UK culture. Irrational? Maybe, but I just cannot do it. I'm currently living in the southwestern US where a lot of kids, yes kids, in the 18-25 yr age group live away from home - even if it is with roommates - and own their own cars etc i.e., are quite independent - and many of them don't have more than a high school diploma. I wish these protesting French kids would look at how their US counterparts cope independently w/out expecting the state to provide everything for them.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll try and get a job in London at one of these US law firms and hopefully this dilemma won't exist. I'm hedging my bets that when they are looking for a US trained lawyer that they'll go w/ someone who is immediately available and not in need of a work permit rather than going to the effort of having to recruit someone from over in the US and deal w/ relocation etc, even if that other person is a top 10% ivy league grad w/ relevant experience (none of which applies to me - though I am US trained and qualified).

• Death and taxes: I'd rather pay tax than be dead.
    • British American Tax
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 06:05:12 AM »
Tenth,

Send me a copy of your resume, and I'll pass it on to a few of the smaller law firms that might be interested.
Liz Z i t z o w, EA
British American Tax

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 08:46:11 AM »
I wish these protesting French kids would look at how their US counterparts cope independently w/out expecting the state to provide everything for them.

I want to retire at 55, with a full state pension and a final salary scheme, of course. ;D

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 08:48:53 AM »
Hi, think positive, not negative.  You never know what opportunities lay ahead.  You will find a job, maybe not the one you really want at first, but at least its a job and you can start making those payments!  (btw, this is the same advice I give myself!) ;)

All the best to you :)

Sponsored Links