Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bread Makers  (Read 1347 times)

Bread Makers
« on: December 19, 2003, 11:30:27 PM »
Anyone have some great bread recipes for bread makers? We bought a brand new breadmaker today for £10 marked down from £25. Couldn't believe the price!!

It came with some recipes but l am also looking for some different kind of breads too!

Any ideas?

• Liked: 1
Re: Bread Makers
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2003, 06:40:15 PM »
Bread is the one thing I don't usually make...though I am getting the hang of the yeast thing.  Always wanted a bread maker though...so let me know how it comes out.  Our Uncle Vicar man always used to send a loaf or two of bread home in the UK..v tasty!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 05:18:33 PM »
Trish my mother used to have one and made the most fantastic oatmeal bread.  You make that and cut it for toast with some apple butter on it. Great for french toast too.   Ooooo scrumptious.  Is the recipe in there with the bread maker you bought?  
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 05:31:05 PM »
I have a breadmaker but haven't used it much lately. I love the taste of fresh made bread but just don't think to ever make any. ::) I have a recipe somewhere for some really fantastic jalapeno cheese bread..yum. :P

• Banned

• English, living in Lewes, East Sussex
    • Pagination Associates
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 06:37:28 PM »
A little bird has told me that Father Christmas is bringing me a breadmaker for Christmas, and I'm getting really excited!

Do share your recipe for jalapeño cheese bread, if you can find it, Melissa!
Deo gratias Anglia redde pro victoria

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 06:42:05 PM »
A little bird has told me that Father Christmas is bringing me a breadmaker for Christmas, and I'm getting really excited!

Do share your recipe for jalapeño cheese bread, if you can find it, Melissa!

I'll dig around when I get home from work today and see if I can find it. ;)

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2003, 07:08:41 PM »
okay this is weird... I got a bread maker too!!!!  Did not even know I wanted one!   :)

So hand over those recipes! ;D
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Fat people are hard to kidnap.
    • Flickr
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 09:43:07 PM »
I got a pretty nice book from my local Sussex Stationers bookstore (I think they're also called British Bookshops).  It's called Bread Machine by Jennie Shapter.  I  think it's a really good book.  It shows all the recipes in three sizes, depending on your machine size.  And it also has a ton of additional information like glazes, sourdoughs, troubleshooting and the different types of flour.  It also shows recipes for breads that you just make in the machine on the dough setting -- then bake in the oven -- usually because it's something unique, like croissants or breadsticks.  
And the best part?  Only cost £4.99!

Might be worthwhile perusing your local bookshop!
If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. ~Carl Sagan

• Banned

• Pagination Associates
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003, 10:41:00 PM »
I got a pretty nice book from my local Sussex Stationers bookstore

That's great info, Lisa!  We've got a Sussex Stationers here in Lewes, too.  Will go out and get myself a copy tomorrow!

Howard.

PS.  Perhaps we ought to form a Sussex Chapter of "Breadheads Autonomous"?!!

• Banned

• Pagination Associates
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2003, 04:55:31 PM »
Hiya, Lisa!

I trundled into Sussex Stationers and bought the book this morning.  Fantastic value!!! A thousand thanks for the recommendation!

Howard

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2003, 06:04:33 PM »
So I take it you got your bread maker then Howard?  ;D

Oh and I have bad news...I searched everywhere and can't find my recipe for jalapeno cheese bread. :( Such a bummer.

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2003, 06:31:30 PM »
Here's a link to Jalopeno Cheese Bread:
 http://www.recipegal.com/mexican/JalapenoCheesebread.htm

• Banned

• Pagination Associates
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2003, 06:49:33 PM »
Brilliant!  Many thanks, Celtic.

And yes, I got The Breadmaker, Melissa, and am boring everybody to death about it!  Thanks for looking for the recipe.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 06:53:15 PM by howard »

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2004, 08:51:15 PM »
Okay I have made the jalapeno cheese bread (v scrummy despite it being on my not to make for a long long time list along with corn chowder post stomach flu menu.)

The bread was great just remember to adjust peppers to taste.  I used a mix of jack and strong cheddar.

I have also made banana bread and a whole grain/nut one and am now using it to make a Peasant Loaf.  My next mission is to make a baquette...dough setting then bake in oven. Then maybe a sourdough or bigo starter one.

Need a baking stone first though.

Anyone still using theirs or has it been relgated to the land of never used kitchen equipment?  I love mine...though the bread goes off fast, but that's because it's real bread. ;D

I highly recommend The Bread Bible and The Bread Lover's Bread Machine books by Beth Hensperger....she won a James Bread Award--she's good.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 01:46:15 AM by vnicepeeps »

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2004, 05:05:27 PM »
This link was sent to me today as part as my all recipie e-mail .Thought some of you might be interested in it  :)

http://bread.allrecipes.com/directory/7.asp?tsrc=wc

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab