Hello

Sponsored Links

Poll

How much did your wedding cost?  (in dollars)

Less than $100
10 (10.5%)
Less than $500
14 (14.7%)
Less than $1000
7 (7.4%)
Less than $5000
23 (24.2%)
Less than $10,000
14 (14.7%)
Less than $15, 000
8 (8.4%)
Lesss than $20,000
4 (4.2%)
Less than $30,000
5 (5.3%)
Less than $40,000
2 (2.1%)
Less than $50,000
2 (2.1%)
More than all of those!
6 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Topic: How much did your wedding cost? And poll!  (Read 5527 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: How much did your wedding cost? And poll!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2006, 01:37:30 PM »
ours was 82 people.

$26,000

Yeah,  it was at one of the most exclusive private clubs in fairfield county, ct with all my parents country club members there etc.

So although it was amazingly expensive.....it was worth.  every.  penny.

the place was absolutely amazing.

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2006, 02:20:24 PM »
Like QG, I'm a 3-timer... ;)

1st wedding -- Less than $1,000 (a DIY ceremony/reception, but still reasonably nice)
2nd wedding -- Less than $200 (a spur of the moment courthouse wedding)
3rd wedding -- I was shocked when I just added it up & converted to dollars (no it's absolutely not the 'more than all of those' one but I was still shocked because I'm freaky about spending money)...but some of it was in dollars (my dress was about $500), some of it was in euro (diamond for the engagement ring), and the rest in pounds -- but my in-laws paid for the ceremony & reception (small Leeds hotel with a fair amount of booze, hot & cold canapes before dinner, then a sit-down dinner for 20) so we got lucky with that. :)  What the two of us actually spent didn't end up being so much, thanks to the in-laws.
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2006, 04:52:02 PM »
we spent £250 and that included the honeymoon, but not the rings. The rings were £300.

Honeymoon?  HaHA.  I didn't know we had to include the rings?  Do we include the rings?  Well, in that case it's $80.   ;)  Still under the hundred dollar mark.  I think I win for thriftiest.

• Does my bum look big in this?
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2006, 04:58:48 PM »
Hmmm....

My mother made my dress...maybe $20 for fabric....
Rings on sale where we worked....about $60 for both....
Potluck picnic at Zion NP in lieu of a reception....think the entrance fee was only about $5 back then but we got in for free because we both worked at a nearby National Park....
No charge for the actual wedding.....
Think I'm in the $100 range myself.  (The divorce cost me WAY more than the wedding!!!)  :P
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

• Liked: 2
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2006, 05:02:20 PM »
Honeymoon?  HaHA.  I didn't know we had to include the rings?  Do we include the rings?  Well, in that case it's $80.   ;)  Still under the hundred dollar mark.  I think I win for thriftiest.

yes but you're not accounting for inflation, in today's money that would be about $10 000!!!

My mother made my dress...maybe $20 for fabric....

Damn, I thought I would at least win cheapest dress!! £20 in a Laura Ashley sale.

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 05:04:30 PM »
yes but you're not accounting for inflation, in today's money that would be about $10 000!!!

oh hardy har har. ;)

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2006, 06:42:28 PM »
I'm feeling quite lavish now.  Because of an inheritance we are having a nice wedding at a hotel in York, so if you include everything like rings and honeymoon, it's going to be about 10,000 quid.  I thought we were doing good.  LOL

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 10:01:38 PM »
Probably close to $4,000...including visa fees and airfare and stuff like that.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 10:28:16 PM »
Wedding dress - bought on sale for $200 (bought a size 16, had cut down to a size 8 and friend of family did the alterations for free)
Veil - made myself from tulle & hair clip - $5
Hair & makeup - done by friend
Nails - did myself
Bouquet - MIL made with fresh flowers tied w/ satin ribbon - and was beautiful
Wedding - had outside in the rose garden at the Botanical Gardens - $50 for rental
Reception - rented small ballroom at the gardens $25 for two hours (uncle is on the board so we got at their rate, usually runs $500 hr)
Cake - this was the most expensive thing and MIL paid for - $350 - three layers with spun sugar icing/flowers, was beautiful
Food - catering was buffet style and done by friend of my mother who owns her own catering business (included plates, silverware and cups, linens, ect - $200 (for cost of some of the food)
Pictures - his aunt does photography and took pictures as gift
No music at reception, was only an hour and half
Tux rental - forgot how much, he paid

• Conservative for the moral good of mankind
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 10:47:29 PM »
We did ours for just under $2000.  My mom made my dress and veil and that cost just under $100.
My aunt made my bouquet, bountineers(don't know how to spell that) and did all the flower arrangements as a gift to us.
My cousin did my hair as a gift
I did my nails and makeup
The church and our preacher didn't charge us anything for the use of the church.
My dad and stepmom paid for the food as part of their gift. (which came to just under $400) buffet style. This included the hug cookout we had for everyone on for rehearsal dinner.  We also hired a local farmer and his team of horses to have a hayrack ride through the country at night as a treat for our Brit guests who had never done this. That was $75
The rental of the reception hall for all evening long was $180
The horse and carriage was the most expensive thing at $250
Our cake and 2 full sheet cakes cost $200
Friend from church who is a photographer took our pics. She said to just pay us as we felt. So we paid her $200 + the cost of developing.
Invitations cost about $200
My friends husband dj'd. I just made up 5 cds full of music I would like played.
Rings were probably about $300. I like things small.
Then it was just the little bits and bobs like decorations, napkins.

DH and I were quite pleased with the way everything turned out.

"Be completely humble and patient, bearing with one another in love"  Ephesians 4:2

"All that is necessary for evil to win the world is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

• If it were easy, you wouldn't appreciate it
    • Just Frances
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2006, 11:01:06 PM »
Mine was about $10k, including the honeymoon.  We got hitched in small-town America, which made a HUGE difference.  The same wedding in Seattle would have been $30k, at least, based on my research!  We had a private hall with music, all the great food and servers, amazing flowers, terrific photographer and two cakes (a British one, and one that the kids at the function would eat!).

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 05:44:32 AM »
We got married twice... so I'm in the 'more than that' price range.

Canadian bit:  150 or so guests, live band, crab feast, flights for about 20, hotels and cars: 25,000 dollars.  Possibly more... the accounting was pretty fuzzy.

Japanese bit: 40 or so guests, shrine ceremony, rental of various kimonos for everyone, extensive hair and makeup, fancy lunch: about 35,000 dollars.

Should have spent more on the band.  They were terrible.

The dress started out cheaply enough; ebay, 200 bucks.  Shipping from Florida to California for alterations, trip from Japan for fitting, shipping to Canada... customs charges... that added up.  Looked great, though!

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 06:20:49 AM »
We went to Kauai for two weeks after the first wedding... spent a bundle, although the flight was basically free.

I don't recommend that place! 

• Liked: 70
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2006, 01:36:49 PM »
We had two weddings so I tried my best to remember what everything it costs for the different ones.  The England wedding had 23 people.

Dress, alterations, drycleaning, shoes, jewellery, etc: $690 (I put the cost of drycleaning the dress twice in there even though only one drycleaning was related to the england wedding)
Suit, shirt, tie, alterations, etc: $475
Rings: $1,600
Invitations: $30
Legal fees - not including visas: $180 (declaration of intent, marriage room, and extra certificate)
Boat ride for guests: $200
Photographer: $700
Dinner for guests - we didn't pay for it so this is an estimate: $1,150

TOTAL: $5,025 

I answered in the under $10,000 catagory on the poll even though I barely went over $5,000.

• Liked: 70
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2006, 01:41:48 PM »
Oh, I guess I should answer for the Georgia wedding as well (take out the costs of the attire and rings, which are posted above):
it was about $5,000 as well.  It was a buffet dinner for 45 people with DJ and dancing, but no boat ride :(

London's expensive...it was definately a better deal in GA!

Total cost of the two weddings: about $10,00

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab