Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Best Tax Software  (Read 697 times)

• Liked: 0
Best Tax Software
« on: April 02, 2006, 01:34:48 PM »
Is TurboTax the best or are there better alternatives?  What is the best TurboTax package for those living abroad?

Is there a way to find out if TurboTax Deluxe has all the forms I need, the website doesn't give specifics?  My list:

1040, 1116 (Foreign Tax Credit), 2210 (Late Penalty), 2555 (Foreign Income), 4562 (Depreciation), 6251 (AMT), Schedules  A D & E

Re: Best Tax Software
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 06:55:53 PM »
Well forget TurboTax, their website requires a US or Canadian mailing address for your credit card!

I hate when US sites forget the rest of the world exists too, although I'll forgive this site because it's for US taxes.

• Liked: 36
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 08:50:01 PM »
Hi there mbmaster

I used to work for Intuit UK and was involved in the development & Testing UK equivalent of TurboTax. From what I know, TurboTax is the most popular tax software in the US and is the most widely known. The whole US address thing needed to purchase is common with alot of US companies & websites.

You could get a relative or a friend in the US to buy it and then send over the disc to you. Alternatively, buy it off ebaY and get it sent over - there doesn't seem to be any UK outlets.

Another option of course would be to get a UK based US Tax lawyer to process your returns for you.

As for finding out which version you need, I guess you could call back to the US and speak to one of their reps. or put up an ad on Craigslist which I'm sure will get responses!

Hope this helps!

Cheers ! Dennis! West London & Slough UK!!

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 08:43:55 PM »
TAX ACT will accept  a foriegn address and a UK credit card on there web site although you'll need to use a USA phone number as the UK phone number won't fix.  Then you can down load off the web only 12.95 for a Federal.  It's as through and easy as TURBO TAX.  It does fine with 2555 and 1116 .  I tried to deal with TURBO TAX and they are absolutely hopeless for foriegn addresses.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab