Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pillars of the earth earth earth  (Read 3067 times)

• Liked: 1
Pillars of the earth earth earth
« on: December 28, 2003, 06:27:58 PM »
Echo going on there.  Okay...this time we have a resounding winner.  The people have voted and The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett is it.  

Being that it is the holidays and we are all always busy...it will be one month ...so January 28th.

Hope someone reads this book!  ;D
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

Re: Pillars of the earth earth earth
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 10:02:15 PM »
DAMN IT!! lol that means I've got to go out and get this one then!  Ahhhh I wanted the de vinci code! :P

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 03:04:06 AM »
hehe.  :)  Okies, will have to pop into town and get a copy.  :)
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 04:26:27 PM »
ok ok well I'll get that one for the plane then!  Nef I'm with you on the DaVinci Code.  I'll still read that one too.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 08:37:17 PM »
Yep I liked the idea of the timetravellers wife also.  That and the DaVinci code sound like they're excellent :)

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 09:03:06 PM »
I've just come back from having a look around waterstones for *the pillars of the earth*.  I found the devinci code (only have 2 copies left) and I found *time travelers wife*, but no pillars of the earth!! :P  I shall have a look around a few more shops, but I'll probably have to go into london if I really want it.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2004, 02:47:12 AM »
Has anyone actually started this book? :)

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Wenchstead
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 01:58:40 PM »
:O

I'll have to see if I can get it off of Amazon....

Not to worry tho, I'll read it quickly when I *do* get it!  ;D
wench

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 09:11:54 PM »
Yay!!!  Finally found my copy of pillars of the earth and shall start reading within the next few days.....also got the Da vinci code!!  Yay!!  I looked at a few sites on line that mention some of the facts about it all and it seems very interesting.

Although....it's over 1000 pages!!! so I may finish it a little later than a lot of the people who've started it already :P

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2004, 09:43:00 PM »
Well I am still only on chapter two so how about we just post back here as we near the end and then we can start a new thread?  Say maybe in about two weeks or so?  I won't start reading it again until Monday as I am reading for my research proposal and writing it this weekend.

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Wenchstead
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2004, 06:35:08 PM »
D0000d, this book is bloody huge!  :O

That said, it's also very well written, so I'm flowing along ok so far.  I cheated and picked it up from the library lol.  ;D

wench

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2004, 02:51:56 AM »
Already read the Di Vinci Code (brilliant book by the way) so am going to try to find Pillars tomorrow and catch up with everyone :)

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2004, 01:47:25 AM »
I'm actually on page 70 or so, I keep reading it then forgetting about it for a short time and then coming back to it.  The one I found was the 10th anniversary edition with a forward in the front by the author, interesting to see some of the reasons why he wrote the book and the process to get it published.  Then its subsequent reviews and eventual public aclaim.

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Wenchstead
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2004, 08:02:39 PM »
G00000000000000000000al!

I have finished that book!

;D

wench

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2004, 10:27:49 PM »
Ok, I'm on page 340 and I still have 700 pages to go!  So I don't know when I shall finish this book. :P

If you want to talk and disect its plot then go for it.  I don't know if you want to get things happening for the next choice of book to read?  Hopefully I'll be finished early next year sometime :( :o ::)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 10:28:16 PM by Nefandous »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab