Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: NH Girl new to forum  (Read 613 times)

• Liked: 0
NH Girl new to forum
« on: January 03, 2004, 08:38:24 PM »
Hello everyone. I moved to England from New Hampshire almost 5 years ago after marrying my Brit husband. I discovered this site a couple months ago and have really enjoyed reading everyone's comments. We live in a tiny village on the borders of Cambs, Herts and Essex, and believe it or not I have not had a conversation with an American since moving here.  :( I really thought I was alone in feeling the way I do about the whole experience - the good and the bad - so it's nice to see I'm not really that alone after all!  :) Now that I've taken the plunge and written, I'm looking forward to learning from, talking with, and contributing to the community.

Best wishes and happy new year,
Christine (aka Journey)

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
Re: NH Girl new to forum
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 08:55:33 PM »
Hi Christine,

Welcome to the forum.  We have a few things in common; I've been here a little over five years (Nov 1998) and live on the Herts/Essex border too.

I think you'll find this forum a god-send, full of great information and wonderful people who all know about the ups and downs of being an expat.

Look forward to hearing more from you.  
« Last Edit: January 03, 2004, 08:56:15 PM by Caitlinn »
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 10:24:33 PM »
hi Christine. Welcome to the forum from another New Englander. I moved to the west midlands (worcs) from MA in June to be w/ my hubby.
Have you been back to the states much since your move?? We're going back in June for 2 wks.
take care...

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 01:44:23 AM »
Hi there.  I am glad that you have decided to take the plunge and post!  This site is wonderful..for those that have been in the UK for a while and those of us who have yet to move.  It's plain just a good place for anyone with a UK spouse!

I hope to see more of your posts in the future!

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 05:27:51 AM »
 Hiya Christine,

Welcome aboard.Glad to know that you feel comfortable now with us.You have found a great place indeed. ;D

Rhia

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 09:46:41 AM »
Welcome and Happy New Year! [smiley=balloon.gif]
Melissa

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 01:41:34 PM »
Hi Christine.  Wow 5 years.  I have to hand it to you all.  Sometimes I can't imagine being here for 5 years.  Well actually I'm not moved over yet.  But I'm here on vacation.  I'll be back in Boston on Sunday.  I'm really glad you found the site.  Now perhaps you'll find other Americans you can have tea with.  See there are still new things to discover - even after 5 years!  lol
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2004, 03:00:59 PM »
Hello Christine, welcome to UKY.  I hope the site will bring you lots of new friends and information.

Shel
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2004, 06:10:56 PM »
Hi Christine..welcome to UKY. :)

Sponsored Links