Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Lost passport (maybe) and fiancee visa  (Read 678 times)

• Liked: 0
Lost passport (maybe) and fiancee visa
« on: April 26, 2006, 10:41:58 PM »
Argh.  It seems like my passport may have been lost in the mail as it was en route to have my name changed.

The passport has my entry stamps, showing I've entered the UK and my DF and I have met in person (he's never been to the US, it's always been me going there).

We have my boarding passes and pictures of us in person...will this stuff be enough proof for the fiancee visa if my passport really IS lost?  Or will one of us have to make another trip (which is more expensive than I'd like, since I live on the west coast) for the proof?   :-\\\\  I tried searching, but didn't find anything about this specifically, so sorry if it's been asked before.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama

• Liked: 4
Re: Lost passport (maybe) and fiancee visa
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 10:43:09 PM »
Are you definitely sure it's been lost?  Has the consulate told you they've sent it back and when? 

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 10:49:10 PM »
Nope, not definitely.

I'm going to call Passport Services tomorrow.  I am sitting here staring at the silly online application status.  I should've been entered into the system 2 weeks ago at the latest, but it's not there.  I mailed it myself, but didn't get delivery confirmation (kicking myself for THAT one...argh....can't believe I did that).

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 10:51:51 PM »
Yeah definitely call them - did you also say they already cashed your check too a while ago?  Can't remember if that was you.  Do you think it's lost on the way there or on the way back to you?  It might just  be a backlog of processing...I'm sure you're already hoping that though!  Will think good thoughts to send the passport where it needs to go!

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 10:55:08 PM »
hey candice, just so you know- when i called about my delayed passport a few weeks ago they said not to trust anything the online application status said because it was usually wrong :P

and...i remember jennredd mentioning once that it took like three weeks for them to enter her passport into the system when she sent off her name change- maybe you could ask her about that.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 11:02:35 PM »
Nope, that wasn't me!  Hmmmm I'll have to check and see if the check has gone through.

I'm thinking it miiight have got lost on the way there, since it's not in the US Passport Application Status thing.  But hopefully I'm just making myself paranoid.  The mail service to and from my town is really slow, so maybe it's just taking its time in getting there.

Aaaah thanks amarylis!  That's a relief.  I was wondering if the online system was reliable.  :)

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 09:56:58 PM »
Yay!

I called today.  It's there.  Stupid online thing making me worry.  Carry on, nothing to see here...just an overly paranoid Candice.  :P

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 10:02:24 PM »
Ahhh I'd hoped that would be the case!  At least now you can feel at ease - it's not lost!

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 11:02:52 PM »
Yay!

I called today.  It's there.  Stupid online thing making me worry.  Carry on, nothing to see here...just an overly paranoid Candice.  :P

That's great!  Yeah, I called on a Thursday when I was getting freaked out about my passport- iturns out it had already been issued the Monday before (and I actually got it in the mail the day that I called), but the online system didn't update my info until *Friday* with a projected delivery date of the next Monday. Um, okay  ::)
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 09:47:23 PM »
I'm so happy for you!  I once lost my passport at Birmingham airport, called there, no one knew anything about it.  I called the American Embassy in London, they said they had no idea where it was, hadn't been turned in, I would have to come in and get a new one.  Took the train, got to the Embassy, and LO AND BEHOLD my original passport was right there.  Now....why didn't they just come out and tell me they had it in hand????  Would have saved so much worry....
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• My Sweetie and Me
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2006, 07:45:51 PM »
that is funny my passport took awhile for it too be processed too i got mine back on april 12... my flight to the uk was april 15 talk about cutting close...

Sponsored Links