Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help Wanted!  (Read 1116 times)

Help Wanted!
« on: January 07, 2004, 09:05:56 PM »
Are there any romance novel readers here?  Because I was wondering a few things, and thinking I didn't have anyone to ask, and then realized that in fact I do.

Here are my questions (feel free to PM me your answers if you prefer):

How soon in the book do you expect the characters to kiss?  Is there a point where if they haven't yet you'll give up?  Or does it depend on how the relationship is developing and what kind of people they are (i.e. If he has a reason to avoid her, you'll hang in there longer than if they just aren't getting around to the good stuff?)

How strong do you expect your heroines/heroes to be?

How much humor do you like, especially in a medieval?  Or do you think too much distracts from the tension?

Are plots that include quite a bit of adventure, possibly even war or battle scenes, good or bad?  In other words, does it distract you, and do you find battle scenes or descriptions of injuries distasteful or boring?

How foreign can foreign names be?  Do you ignore the ones you don't get, or does it bother you?  Is it better that they be easily understandable, or historically accurate?

And finally, are you willing to suspend a bit of disbelief if the story is intriguing enough?  What's more important to you, story and action or the main romantic relationship?  Would you read a book that is more action-packed, or do you prefer a straight, soothing love story?

Any opinions would be most helpful, and like I said, feel free to PM me (especially if you would like to comment on explicit sex scenes and whether or not you enjoy them. ;))  (And btw, this is for serious research, not some wierd kinkyness of mine.)

Thanks!

*Edit*:  Also, what kind of balance do you look for between dialogue and prose?  Do you lose interest if nobody's talking?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 09:27:52 PM by SAF »

Sponsored Links