Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: NHL on Sky?  (Read 2708 times)

• Liked: 0
NHL on Sky?
« on: December 23, 2003, 02:47:19 PM »
No Morgana, your eyes do not deceive you - I am a Leafs fan. I was a Flyers fan but I became a bit disgusted with their organisation. So here I am - Go Leafs Go!

Anyway, you mentioned there is not much in the way of NHL games on SKY. Maybe that will change soon. I did notice when I was there last that the UK does have ice hockey teams. And if they have teams  - they have rinks. That does give me some hope because I would love for my son to have a chance to play the game when we move over. Maybe they have or will start some youth leagues. When we see moms in minivans driving their kids to games at O dark thirty then we'll know hockey has started to take off!

John

Re: NHL on Sky?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 01:27:51 AM »
O dark thirty

lol  now there's a phrase I haven't heard in a while!  Former military, John?

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 06:56:37 PM »
No, I have never served in the military. I forget where I picked that phrase up.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 12:20:32 PM »
NASN carries NHL games, along with other North American sports (college football, NASCAR.)  It is an extra fee channel on Sky.
www.nasn.com

• Smart
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 11:52:43 PM »
pretty sure channel 5 carries nhl in the wee small hours

• Philadelphia, PA to York in 2000
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 11:06:18 PM »
NASL is also available from NTL on some sort of sports package but since my only sports interest are NHL and NFL it just isn't worth it for me.

Channel 5 does broadcast select games from the NHL, NFL, MLB but I don't think any NBA....But I'm not interested in basketball anyway so I haven't paid much attention to if they do.  Check the Channel 5 website and you can find the listings and if I remember correctly, a forum.  It isn't as good as being home with a superb choice of games to watch on the weekend but I look at it as having an extreme blackout of games.  :P  The broadcasts are here, it's just a matter of which game(s) they decide to show.

For any NFL fans, there is http://www.nfluk.com/ to keep the interest going. (I've already set the recorder for the Superbowl as the Eagles will be there!!! I hope.  :-[)  I'm starting to lose confidence in the Flyers.....again......

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab