Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where can I get American food in London and the UK  (Read 208331 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Where can I get American food in London and the UK
« Reply #810 on: March 16, 2015, 08:48:45 AM »
For anyone living in Dorset, or more specifically the Bournemouth & Poole Area, there is an American foodstore thats been open now for just over a year!! Its called American Fizz!!

https://americanfizz.co.uk/

I am able to get my fave snacks there, which I havent seen on other US food sites - Fritos Scoops and the Tostitos Salsa Con Queso Salsa/Cheese dip, as well as the Ro-Tel Canned Diced Tomatoes and Green Chillis which are excellent for home-made Enchiladas!!

I am trying to get them to get a consignment of Little Debbie Nutty Bars in!!

Also, the beauty of this, is that I dont have to pay any shipping and handling fees, cos I can actually drive over there from where I live to get stuff!!! ;D ;D ;D

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #811 on: March 16, 2015, 08:51:30 AM »
For anyone living in Dorset, or more specifically the Bournemouth & Poole Area, there is an American foodstore thats been open now for just over a year!! Its called American Fizz!!

It's been open for at least three years now, if that's the one in Wallisdown. People have posted about it before, probably on this very thread. Glad you've finally found it!
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #812 on: March 16, 2015, 08:57:41 AM »
It's been open for at least three years now, if that's the one in Wallisdown. People have posted about it before, probably on this very thread. Glad you've finally found it!

I am only going by my research on Google Maps!!! ;D ;D ;D. They updated their travels up to last year for my area from 2009 when I remember seeing the last image capture date!!

« Reply #813 on: April 07, 2015, 05:00:54 PM »
look up CL trading online, i used them for my American Diner

• Liked: 1
« Reply #814 on: August 30, 2015, 05:19:17 PM »
This might be old news to those of you not living in the sticks, but my husband picked up Twinkies (made in the UK under license) at Tesco in Hereford last week! They're half-price at the moment (£3.75 vs £7.50), but well within best before date, so he bought four boxes. Just ate one, and although I can't remember exactly what they tasted like back home, these will definitely do the trick!

« Reply #815 on: August 31, 2015, 08:58:28 AM »
Although not a American food store, B&M has a lot of random American food. Last time I went I spied: Twinkies, malt o meal version of lucky charms (and some other cereals), giant boxes of Mike and Ike and movie snack boxes of butterfingers, cookie dough, reese's pieces). Everything was a lot cheaper than the price you'll find in a specialty shop.

I wouldn't make a special trip to B&M, but if you are near one it might be worth a look.

Poundland also consistently seems to have nerds, runts, butterfingers, reese's pieces, cookie dough and other movie box size sweets now.
August 2008 - Tier 4 - Student Visa
February 2010 - Tier 1 - PSW
January 2012 - FLR(M)
June 2014 - ILR (finally!)

• torn between 2 countries
« Reply #816 on: September 02, 2015, 09:19:12 AM »
for your cool whip what I have found is that if you take double cream a little icing sugar and a tablespoon of vanilla and whip it with a mixer till its the thickness of cool whip its not as light but works just as well in any recipe. for saltines the closest i have found are jacobs they are just thicker so you really dont need as many for other american products if you go to amazon.co.uk they sell alot of american products like jiff peanut better and A-1 steak sauce.
Tricia Fisher

• Liked: 12
« Reply #817 on: September 02, 2015, 04:08:16 PM »
So you're saying to use real whipped cream instead of fake whipped cream?
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

• Liked: 2
« Reply #818 on: October 14, 2015, 11:25:08 PM »
For those looking for US foods:

http://www.usafoodstore.co.uk

« Reply #819 on: December 16, 2015, 07:39:47 PM »
Partridges for sure! The only ones I know of are on King's Road near Sloane Square and Gloucester Road in South Kensington. They have American cereals, peanut butter, chocolate chips, Bisquick, frosting, etc. But as I'm sure you've found, these things are so, so much more expensive in the UK than in the US. I'm talking like $8-$10 for a box of Reeses Puffs. There's also an online store that's really great: newcomer link: http://www.usafoodstore.co.uk [nonactive]

As you can see, it goes hard on the stars and stripes.

• Liked: 18
« Reply #820 on: December 17, 2015, 08:04:20 AM »
Am I being completely ridiculous asking if there's any place where one may find corn tortillas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
American married to British Citizen, living in Colorado.  Moving to Hampshire/Berkshire area.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #821 on: December 17, 2015, 10:29:31 AM »
I think my local tesco has old El Paso corn tortillas.  They've got grits as well.  Twickenham, near mogden lane

• Liked: 537
« Reply #822 on: December 17, 2015, 05:59:34 PM »
I've seen them in Tescos, Sainsbury's (bought them there but forgot to make fajitas) and Morrisons and I live in a smaller town.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 18
« Reply #823 on: December 17, 2015, 09:11:58 PM »
Thank you, my panic has subsided AND I'm quite surprised.  I think I've been distracted by all the yummy looking unfamiliar things like all the prepared foods.  My small town has a Sainsbury's only and I know I'd be pushing it for gluten free tortillas but, hey that's something.

American married to British Citizen, living in Colorado.  Moving to Hampshire/Berkshire area.

• In my nothing you meant everything to me
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #824 on: February 21, 2016, 01:45:22 PM »
B&M has lots of American junk food- Lucky Charms, Reese's, Twinkies, and several variety packs of sweets. Prices are decent, too. Not like some of the specialty pop-up shops that over charge.
Everything is on display together, too.

Sponsored Links