Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance/Marriage visa application help  (Read 622 times)

• Liked: 0
Fiance/Marriage visa application help
« on: May 16, 2006, 10:29:47 PM »
Hi,

I’m wondering if people can help us, give us some pointers. Basically, my girlfriend (a US citizen) and I (UK citizen) are looking to get married in just over a year’s time and live in the UK, but we have some questions regarding the process. Basically, we met online at a message-board about 6 years ago, we’ve been “together” for about three years now, talking on the phone, online via email/messenger and in that time we’ve met up twice, for about two weeks at a time and we’re meeting up again soon for about three weeks and we plan to meet as regularly as possible for the next year or so. Our circumstances are the following:

My girlfriend is 20, I am 21. I won’t be in fulltime employment for about 2 years because I’m training to be an airline pilot, so as the sponsor (UK citizen) I won’t be able to provide an income for about two years from now. We don’t have a place of our own, but my girlfriend’s grandparents have offered us their flat in the UK rent-free to stay in until we get settled (depending on where in the UK my airline domicile will be). My girlfriend will have about $40,000 worth of savings, to which I can add about £12,000 of savings for us to live on until I get a fulltime salary.

Does anyone believe we’ll have any problems getting approved? And how should we go about starting the process and any idea how long it may take once the application is submitted? Are there any things you believe we should get (as evidence of our relationship besides photographs/passport stamps etc) or any other pieces of information for us?

Thank you all for any help,

Danny

Re: Fiance/Marriage visa application help
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 11:00:24 PM »
This all sounds fine.  As you have described it, there will not be a big problem in terms of visa issues.

If you have questions about putting your application together, post here and it will get sorted.

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: Fiance/Marriage visa application help
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 11:34:02 PM »
Well and congratulations... 6 years of an online relationship is quite remarkable... Best of luck to you and your financee!
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab