Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Does my 1/2 English daughter need a Visa?  (Read 382 times)

• Paul & Terri O'Neale
    • Special Start Birth
  • Liked: 0
Does my 1/2 English daughter need a Visa?
« on: May 20, 2006, 03:21:10 AM »
My 4 mo daughter was born in the US. She has a US passport. But her dad is UK citizen and she was even conceived in London. Now we are seriously considering moving over there to be with him (instead of the crazy alternative of him coming here). My question is when I go for the FLR for me and the other kids...does Emmie need one too or can we get her a UK passport and be done with it?

Terri P O'Neale
Terri P O'Neale

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
Re: Does my 1/2 English daughter need a Visa?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 04:11:34 AM »
You can get her a UK passport.  She does not need a visa.
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• Liked: 0
Re: Does my 1/2 English daughter need a Visa?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 05:08:36 AM »
You can get the visa at the same time you register the birth.  I thought it was a bit expensive, but you can get the form off the britainusa web site here

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/articles_show_nt1.asp?d=1&i=41016&L1=10080&L2=41016&a=25315
Dream a dream of England .......... Some day

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab