Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Dark Tower V, It's here it's here!  (Read 1455 times)

• Liked: 24
Dark Tower V, It's here it's here!
« on: January 09, 2004, 12:30:35 PM »
I've just signed for the book I've been waiting a year for, the next installment of the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. For those who enjoy Lord of the Rings, you should really give this series a go, it's fantastic, each book gets better, and other fans are saying this one is the best yet. I'll be reading my little ars* off this weekend. Yippee!

Of course when I'm finished, it will go to the Lending Library, but I'd really recommend reading the others first if you hadn't.

More info at http://www.stephenking.com, cool site.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 12:30:59 PM by admin »

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
Re: Dark Tower V, It's here it's here!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 08:13:04 PM »
David could NOT be ripped away from this book! I haven't read any of them yet (my list of books to read is too big to add more onto it right now!), but definitely plan on it. He *lurves* them.
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 11:49:36 PM »
David could NOT be ripped away from this book! I haven't read any of them yet (my list of books to read is too big to add more onto it right now!), but definitely plan on it. He *lurves* them.

Got to agree with you here Sara, my list is steadily growing too.  Still have to find that damn follet book!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 12:00:41 AM »
My bro and I were completely obsessed with the first three, but I have to confess the fourth kinda lost me.

Still, I'll definitely get book 5.  (sigh) I love Roland....

• I fell in love to be let down...
    • My Road to Recovery
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 12:25:46 AM »
I've been quietly planning to go *Misery* on Stephen until he finishes the damned series because at the pace he's going he'll be dead before the end.  I do understand that book VI is to be released next year?
The search for my future ex-wife marches on...

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2004, 12:31:58 AM »
I've been quietly planning to go *Misery* on Stephen until he finishes the damned series because at the pace he's going he'll be dead before the end.  I do understand that book VI is to be released next year?

I have to confess that I don't know whether I'll like this series of books.  I read a Stephen King book *Pet Cemetery* when I was 17 and thought it was complete rubbish!  I haven't felt like reading anything by him since really.  Although if these are as good as the press and some of you guys say they are, then quite possibly I shall give him another go.

PS....good to see you back on-board  ;D Leland

• Liked: 24
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2004, 09:12:17 PM »

I read that VI will be out late 2004, and the final next year.

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2004, 07:54:08 PM »

I have to confess that I don't know whether I'll like this series of books.  I read a Stephen King book *Pet Cemetery* when I was 17 and thought it was complete rubbish!  I haven't felt like reading anything by him since really.  

Pet Sematary was rubbish.  I didn't like it at all.
Read The Stand, or the Dead Zone or The Shining.  They're earlier ones, but really are among his best.

PS....good to see you back on-board  ;D Leland

I agree. ;D

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2004, 02:47:13 PM »
" Read The Stand, or the Dead Zone or The Shining"

Yes those are excellent choices.For some reason I just cant seem to get into King's new books.Does he seem to  to have lost his ummphf for scary or is it just me?

I did read the first two books of the Dark Towers some time back maybe I should start those again  ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab