Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Citizenship ceremony  (Read 754 times)

• Liked: 0
Citizenship ceremony
« on: May 22, 2006, 01:37:25 PM »
Can anyone tell me what exactly happens?

Re: Citizenship ceremony
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 03:23:20 PM »
Can anyone tell me what exactly happens?

Having been through this about two dozen times...

You go in and give the lady your name.  She checks the list and marks you down as having shown up.

You go over the table with a pitcher of OJ and pour yourself a cup.

You get called to the room and seat yourself where your place card is.  Listen to any opening remarks.  If you are taking the Christian oath, you do that.  If you are taking the other oath, you do that. 

You listen to GSTQ. 

You get called up one at a time to receive your certificate.

You retire to the goodies table, possibly having a frame in which to put your certificate; possibly having something else.

You pour another cup of OJ.

Then you head to your local and put your card behind the bar.

Needless to say, I don't attend these any more.  Now I only show up at the person's local.

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 03:42:16 PM »
Having been through this about two dozen times...
You go in and give the lady your name.  She checks the list and marks you down as having shown up.ou go over the table with a pitcher of OJ and pour yourself a cup.
You get called to the room and seat yourself where your place card is.  Listen to any opening remarks.  If you are taking the Christian oath, you do that.  If you are taking the other oath, you do that. 
You listen to GSTQ. 
ou get called up one at a time to receive your certificate.
You retire to the goodies table, possibly having a frame in which to put your certificate; possibly having something else.
You pour another cup of OJ.
hen you head to your local and put your card behind the bar.
Needless to say, I don't attend these any more.  Now I only show up at the person's local.

...What if you don't like OJ? ;)
Seriously,thanks for that garry,its good to know what to expect when my number comes up :)

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 11:10:31 PM »
Garry, you forgot about the complete history of the county in which you are attending the ceremony.  I actually learned quite a few things about Buckinghamshire history and industry at my ceremony!
You also have to listen to God Save the Queen with a big guilded portrait of the Queen at the front!
And the world first spoke to me in Sensurround

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 01:16:26 PM »
I'm going to frame my certificate!

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 01:47:11 PM »
I'm going to frame my certificate!

A secret tip:  When you take your certificate to the Passport Office, include a sturdy cardboard-backed large envelope for it. 

Otherwise it will come back all crumpled and folded into a standard mailing envelope.

Are they brassy for having a ceremony and then cumpling your certificate in the very next step?  Yes they are.  I sh*t you not. 

;D ;D ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab