Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: THE MEDICAL  (Read 663 times)

• I love you like a fat kid loves cake!
    • facebook
  • Liked: 0
THE MEDICAL
« on: June 13, 2006, 06:03:51 PM »
I think i was reading right when i was reading the Visa Info Guidance, it says that my husband will need an x-ray to check whether he has TB or not, is this done prior to sending your application, and then the x-ray is sent off with the application, i am unsure about this bit. I am not sure on this as we have not started the application yet we are just sifting through information.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:05:27 PM by lilmrsmullen »
Sharon-UK

• Liked: 8
Re: THE MEDICAL
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 07:47:17 PM »
Where are you finding that info?  Unless it's a *very* recent requirement, there's no medical required for a UK spousal visa.

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 08:11:27 PM »
I'm going to be applying for a Spousal Visa in September and I'm using this site to get all of my paperwork together:

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/articles_show_nt1.asp?i=65035&L1=41000&a=41033

I don't see anything about medical information on the site?  That website should be all you need.

• facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 08:12:03 PM »
then i must be reading things wrong. This is what i originally read.

Health (tuberculosis) screening (05/04/06)

Applicants for UK visas valid for longer than six months in certain countries now require a certificate to show that they are free from infectious tuberculosis (TB).

The Government announced on 21 July 2005 its intention to implement the first phase of an overseas screening programme for TB for people applying to enter the UK for more than 6 months in four high risk countries, in line with proposals made in its five year strategy earlier this year.

What other countries already do pre-screening? Are we working with them?
A large number of countries carry out some form of pre-entry screening. Of the other major re-settlement countries, the US, Australia, Canada and New Zealand all carry out pre-entry screening for long-term migrants. We are working closely with them to develop our co-operation in this area.

I am feeling a little lost now, HAve i read this information wrong.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 08:27:34 PM by lilmrsmullen »
Sharon-UK

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 08:15:11 PM »
then i must be reading things wrong. This is what i originally read.

Health (tuberculosis) screening (05/04/06)

Applicants for UK visas valid for longer than six months in certain countries now require a certificate to show that they are free from infectious tuberculosis (TB).

Unless something has very recently changed, the US isn't one of those countries.

• facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 08:29:51 PM »

Thankyou for the link. i am so lost, i have had visa's on m y mind for the past year, we have been preparing for the US visa, and now becasue of change of orders we have to abandon that and see about my husband coming here instead.

I seriously need thinks broken down to me like i am a 3 year old lol!!. Thanks for the replies.
Sharon-UK

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 08:35:49 PM »
Here's my spousal visa experience, if it'll be of help:  http://www.freewebs.com/lola_us_uk/ukspousalvisainfo.htm

• facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 08:54:30 PM »
Thankyou , that made the whole process seem so much clearer, i think i am finding it hard to believe that this visa process  does not make you jump through hoops while on fire, and singing the national anthem backwards, liek the USa Visa, ok so maybe i am over doing it a little lol.
Sharon-UK

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 11:42:49 PM »
''Certain countries" - those where TB is prevailant.  I am not sure where that is these days - India used to be on the list but isn't anymore.  It certainly does not include the US!!!

Vicky

• York Interweb
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 07:58:24 PM »
 A little while after I entered the UK on my fiance visa, I received an unexpected letter from the NHS with an appointment to see a nurse. Because it would have been difficult for me to travel to where the appointment was, I phoned the nurse, who asked me where I came from, how I was feeling, and if I had a cough. She then said I didn't have to see a nurse in person. That was the extent of my "medical check."

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab