Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Marriage  (Read 584 times)

• Liked: 0
Marriage
« on: June 23, 2006, 07:04:21 PM »
I need some help... my boyfriend and I are wanting to get married in the UK this year... he is a British citizen and i am an American... what do we need to do to get the ball rolling? How much is a fiancee visa? how long does it take to get the visa? What is the most difficult part of this whole process? just really need all the help we can get  :-\\\\
be curious

• Liked: 0
Re: Marriage
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 07:16:01 PM »
Here's a link to more information about the fiance(e) visa:

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/articles_show_nt1.asp?i=65035&L1=41000&a=41031

HTH
Juls xx

Arrived in the UK on spousal visa: 19/08/06
Posted ILR Application 23/7/08
ILR app arrival at UKIBA & Fee Taken: 24/7/08
ILR issued: 29/8/08
ILR arrived here: 03/09/08

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: Marriage
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 09:33:10 PM »
I need some help... my boyfriend and I are wanting to get married in the UK this year... he is a British citizen and i am an American... what do we need to do to get the ball rolling? How much is a fiancee visa? how long does it take to get the visa? What is the most difficult part of this whole process? just really need all the help we can get  :-\\\\

There are lots of good messages on this board talking about the whole process and giving a lot of experiences.  That hardest thing is the waiting until it is all over.  Also http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ will walk you through the whole process, allow you to fill out your forms online, schedule an appointment or let you know how to post it off.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab