Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Happiness is.....  (Read 304596 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: Happiness is.....
« Reply #4905 on: January 06, 2015, 02:28:37 AM »
Flipping through the tv tonight and finding the Great British Bake Off on PBS! Yay! I watched 3/4 of the series in the UK then missed the last episodes when I went back to the US, so to find it here in America and getting to watch it all over again, well now I am very, very happy  :D  [smiley=chef.gif]

• Tea And A Butty
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #4906 on: January 07, 2015, 08:55:20 PM »
Flipping through the tv tonight and finding the Great British Bake Off on PBS! Yay! I watched 3/4 of the series in the UK then missed the last episodes when I went back to the US, so to find it here in America and getting to watch it all over again, well now I am very, very happy  :D  [smiley=chef.gif]

Haha we saw that the other night, except PBS call it "The Great British Baking Show" and it may just be a hit on this side of the Atlantic too!

• Liked: 9
« Reply #4907 on: January 08, 2015, 01:45:11 AM »
Being in a 'new to us' vehicle. Ours had just had enough and I was trying to make it last a little longer. Then a little longer became a lot longer. Today while we were at work we decided to stop and see about another one on the way home.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4908 on: January 18, 2015, 12:35:33 AM »
..being the quirky great aunt. I was a good girl (sorta) and gave my 1 year old great nephew a couple bites of honeydew before feeding him a big chocolate chop cookie before his dinner. He is a good eater, loves his fruits and veggies, so one spoiled dinner won't hurt.

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4909 on: January 27, 2015, 11:43:55 PM »
The old car is gone. I found a salvage yard who offered more than we were going to sell it for. The guy who was going to buy it backed out, and I was actually relieved. More money and a clear conscience because it had a lot of little things and one or two big things wrong with it, that were going to end up costing someone in repairs, even though they'd be getting it for next to nothing. The salvage yard is about two blocks from work, so I was just going to walk back to work (Chris gave us a ride home from work, since the other car was here), but the owner insisted on giving me a ride back, since it was really cold today. Nice guy.

― Dr. Seuss

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #4910 on: January 28, 2015, 01:35:32 PM »
Love it when stuff comes together like that Tama!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #4911 on: January 28, 2015, 10:46:06 PM »
Love it when stuff comes together like that Tama!

Me too. A lot of the things wrong with it were minor, and he could have coped with them just as I did, but I would have felt bad knowing he was going to put money into what was supposed to be a cheap car.

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4912 on: March 18, 2015, 06:47:56 PM »
I was in the right place at the right time earlier to see two women,  aged 52 and 54, meet their birth mother for the first time since birth. The range of emotions I saw in the brief time I saw them,  without sticking around to seem nosy, was so overwhelming I shed a few tears myself.

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4913 on: April 15, 2015, 12:42:31 AM »
A day late being posted, but gender reveal for great niece/nephew #3 was yesterday. Shanna is having a boy! We don't get to meet him until August, but the ultrasound taken yesterday shows he has his mama's nose.  [smiley=smitten.gif]

Eight weeks until Addie is here, and Shelby is ready NOW. Poor girl is already uncomfortable.

I am loving this great aunt stuff.  [smiley=smitten.gif] It is hard to believe Brax will be 1 1/2 next month.

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4914 on: May 21, 2015, 03:44:33 AM »
Addie is here! She's been here less than an hour. Shelby's blood pressure kept going up, so they went ahead and did a c-section. The last ultrasound, she was 5 lbs, 2 oz, so she was ready, even if she was a few weeks early.

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4915 on: May 25, 2015, 11:11:16 PM »
1. Addie is thriving, gaining weight and eating like a little piglet. She is still in the hospital, but should be going home soon.

2. Saving about £400 on our holiday. Hubby asked a longtime friend, who lives in London, if he could suggest somewhere to stay that isn't a chain hotel, and not a hostel. He said we could stay at their place. We always have a great time with them anyway.

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4916 on: June 04, 2015, 12:14:54 AM »
Addie got to go home from the hospital today! She is two weeks old now, gaining weight like a champ, and all systems are go. Shelby posted a picture of her in her car seat, asleep but smiling.  [smiley=smitten.gif] It appears, so far, she is going to have the same sunny disposition as her brother.

― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4917 on: June 10, 2015, 04:20:19 AM »
Enjoying a cocktail in the garden after a lovely day out.

Whats your happiness? :)

Living in Britain.... ~happy sigh~

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #4918 on: June 10, 2015, 05:02:01 PM »
This weather!!!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4919 on: June 11, 2015, 01:39:33 AM »
This weather!!!

After the horrendous baking heat and debilitating humidity of an American East Coast summer, I'll take rainy Britain.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab