Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Happiness is.....  (Read 304602 times)

• Liked: 70
Re: Happiness is.....
« Reply #4920 on: June 11, 2015, 09:23:11 PM »
My little kitten curling up with me (okay, biting and bathing my hand) and crime shows on tv with a glass of wine.  Perfect!

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #4921 on: June 30, 2015, 06:46:44 PM »
Watching my four year old play with a water sprinkler for the first time.....sunshine on my face first thing in the morning near the sea knowing it's going to be a warm sunny day
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

• Liked: 9
« Reply #4922 on: July 02, 2015, 01:00:45 AM »
A couple cooler and less humid than usual days. From what I've been hearing from family and friends, the UK and Germany are getting our weather at the moment. I'm much happier with lower 80s than upper 90s.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4923 on: August 03, 2015, 11:59:31 PM »
Shanna was just admitted to the hospital, dilated to 3 1/2 cm. Great nephew #2%* is on his way!  [smiley=smitten.gif]

*Her sister Shelby has given me great nephew #1 and great niece #1.

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4924 on: August 18, 2015, 10:33:15 PM »
Job perks. We can use the pool at work any day, before work hours. We can also use the fitness room any time we want. For as small as the room is, it has a treadmill, elliptical machine, exercise bike and a great selection of weights.

Between that, being able to do our laundry for free, and getting nearly new towels with the tiniest of stains (I'm picky about the ones I take), life is pretty good.

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4925 on: March 21, 2016, 12:30:26 AM »
Our new job starts May 1 and we will be moving at the end of April. It ends up the owner wants hubby and me to co-manage the hotel, instead of him managing and me being over housekeeping and breakfast.

We will be living in a manager's apartment, which we have say over how we want since they will be building it for us. That means in addition to salary, we will have no rent, water bill, electric bill, cable or internet bill, plus doing laundry at work. Because they can't start our apartment until they take over at the end of April, we will be in one room for the first few weeks, but I am sure we can cope. They are going to take 3 rooms and make them into the apartment. We went to peek at it the other day and saw some rooms. By putting 3 together, it will be bigger than where we are currently.

― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 223
« Reply #4926 on: March 21, 2016, 01:33:31 AM »
Our new job starts May 1 and we will be moving at the end of April. It ends up the owner wants hubby and me to co-manage the hotel, instead of him managing and me being over housekeeping and breakfast.

We will be living in a manager's apartment, which we have say over how we want since they will be building it for us. That means in addition to salary, we will have no rent, water bill, electric bill, cable or internet bill, plus doing laundry at work. Because they can't start our apartment until they take over at the end of April, we will be in one room for the first few weeks, but I am sure we can cope. They are going to take 3 rooms and make them into the apartment. We went to peek at it the other day and saw some rooms. By putting 3 together, it will be bigger than where we are currently.

Congrats, TamaMoo!

That sound like a wonderful arrangement. :D
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 585
« Reply #4927 on: March 21, 2016, 09:42:51 AM »

Wow!  Sounds like a great deal!

« Reply #4928 on: March 21, 2016, 05:28:26 PM »
Thanks, you two! :) We're so excited about it. With only car payment, car insurance and phones to pay for, we will save for our yearly trip in no time, plus throw a huge chunk into savings each month for our golden years.

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4929 on: March 27, 2016, 12:44:26 AM »
Easter at mom's today meant lots of hugs and giggles with the little ones. Egg hunting was adorable, even though only Brax is old enough to know what is going on, at 2. Addie is 10 months and Bentley is 7 months, so we mostly just got staged pics of them looking at eggs.

With living nearly 2 hours away, I don't see them often enough and truly cherish each chance I get to see them.  [smiley=smitten.gif]

― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4930 on: April 13, 2016, 03:58:58 PM »
A cup of tea with milk after a hard day...

• Liked: 68
« Reply #4931 on: April 14, 2016, 01:05:55 PM »
...knowing tomorrow is Friday and the hubby and I still have a cold bottle of prosecco left after our wedding waiting for us to chill out after a stressful week :)

« Reply #4932 on: April 15, 2016, 09:57:23 AM »
I found a nice quotation from Dorian Gray "To be good is to be in harmony with one’s self...Discord is to be forced to be in harmony with others. "

« Reply #4933 on: April 16, 2016, 11:34:30 PM »
We're another step or two closer to our move! Yay! While I hate the actual process of putting your whole life in boxes, driving it somewhere else, then taking it out of boxes, I am excited about the new adventure.

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4934 on: April 22, 2016, 04:23:06 PM »
finishing your work

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab