Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Detergents  (Read 3656 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Detergents
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 01:04:52 AM »
Ok, I am really excited!! Just came back from Wembley market today where I found one of the stalls selling Tide!!  I bought 4 boxes!  When we went to pay for them,  we overheard the market stall holders saying to each other "what is this tide?  people keep it buying it buy the boxloads! We are gonna have to get more of this stuff!"

Just thought I would share.  They were selling a 600gm box for 50p.  I didn't think that was too bad!

What a fun find! It is probably from the middle east as Tide is sold there in some places. Ariel is the same as liquid Tide, should you want to look for that.

• Conservative for the moral good of mankind
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 12:40:03 PM »
What a fun find! It is probably from the middle east as Tide is sold there in some places. Ariel is the same as liquid Tide, should you want to look for that.

Funnily enough, the box has two places actually written on it - one from Romania and one from Turkey!
"Be completely humble and patient, bearing with one another in love"  Ephesians 4:2

"All that is necessary for evil to win the world is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2019, 02:39:46 PM »
We just bought a new washing machine that uses HE (high efficiency) detergent.  Non HE deterg is not recommended as in time it will clog up the machine.  I know Tide makes an HE deterg (which I am buying on eBay and costs a lot more than anything else) but I can't find anything else in the UK that is specified for HE washers.  I've asked people at Sainsburys where we do our grocery shopping but they don't know what HE is.  Anyone know of a specific HE (marked as such on the container) deterg sold in the UK?  Thanks.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2019, 02:50:00 PM »
I don’t think the are many machines in the UK that are NOT HE machines.  I’ve only ever had front loaders here and not had any issue with the detergents available.  While the packaging won’t specify HE detergent, I think they all are.  All Persil detergent is.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2019, 03:18:12 PM »
For a safe fragrance free one, ecover also is HE safe. We've had no issues with it. I'm going to be trying dripak soap flakes soon to see if it I'm allergic to them (because I'm allergic to ecover and have been making my own detergent with shredded bar soap from the US), but I'm sure they will be fine in the washing machine.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab