Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: We're going to the Superbowl  (Read 2334 times)

• Liked: 0
We're going to the Superbowl
« on: January 20, 2004, 04:47:38 PM »
Woo hooo.... Patriots are in the Superbowl.  Twice in 3 years.  I know that doesn't sound like much in the grand scheme of how long they've been trying, but that's great for a new quarterback, not to mention all the other things that have to be in place.   They finally have all the pieces they need for Superbowl domination!  Ok ok went a bit overboard!

Ok so wish us luck?  We are playing the Carolina Panthers.    
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

Re: We're going to the Superbowl
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 06:25:07 PM »
 Well even though I dont follow American football,I wish your team lots of luck!  [smiley=sunny.gif] [smiley=clover2.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Rhia

• Philadelphia, PA to York in 2000
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 08:16:52 PM »
I'm gutted. My Eagles played like doodoo as they always do in the playoffs.  :'( >:(  We haven't made it to the superbowl since like 1980.  :-/  

I should have known that it had all gone wrong when I found out in the morning that our cable box didn't change channels properly and it recorded the wrong channel. Was probably for the best as I probably would have blown a gasket watching our terrible performance.

I'll be rooting for the Patriots, though, to beat those stinky Panthers.  :)

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 08:27:53 PM »
Yea!...I'm happy for you Kiz. :)

Unfortunately the Superbowl is here in Houston this year. They say they're expecting around 120,000 visitors coming to Houston during the superbowl weekend. Just what we need...more traffic. ::) :P And how exactly do they come up with that number..120,000??? Reliant Stadium only holds 70,000 so what are the rest planning to do..stand around outside the stadium during the game? :P

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 11:09:08 PM »
Thanks Melissa, and thats probably the tail gaters! lol

Hey it beats trying to get into the stadium.  Seats on the 50 yard line were going for $83,500 or something.  On the 45 it was only a paltry $80,000.  Unbelievable!

Sorry for the extra traffic.   :P

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 07:14:53 PM »
GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know where one can watch it, preferably in southwest london?

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2004, 02:55:47 PM »
Now we can change that from "We're going to the Superbowl" to "We won the Superbowl"!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8)

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2004, 05:19:33 PM »
Yeah I know Celtic! Wasn't that a great game.  A nailbiter till the last few seconds.  I surely don't know much about football but it kept my attention.  Was it considered a great game by those in the know?  Did anyone see the half time show?  It was my first but I have to say I wasn't impressed at all.  Especially with Janet and Justin.  

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2004, 05:41:01 PM »
Kiz, that was a great game, especially for a Superbowl gae, as they're usually over by halftime.

And the halftime show did indeed suck (with the exception of watching Kid Rock fling his flag dramatucally off and having it carefully caught by someone behind him just for this purpose-why do I suddenly adore Kid Rock despite his yucky music?).  But then it's been getting worse every year as they pander more and more to teenagers.

Remember when Halftime shows used to be BAD-not bad like tis but gloriously, tackily bad?

I miss that.  Sigh.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab