Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Notary Services  (Read 52074 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Notary Services
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2008, 09:18:50 PM »
yeah that's why i asked ' how do i get his passport certified' anyway, i've got it answered.

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2009, 11:25:02 AM »
Could someone tell me what other  documents need notarised?

Do you need to Notarise my passport even though im sending my original birth certificate? or does a photocopy of my passport in that circumstance suffice?

Thanks

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2009, 11:28:22 AM »
Are you the sponsor?  if so, the original birth certificate and a photocopy of the passport will do.

Vicky

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2009, 12:41:17 PM »
Just to add to the record of stuff that's worked...I recently applied for the EEA Family Permit and sent a color copy of my husband's passport in with my application to the NY consulate. We had each page of the copy stamped by an official notary employed by my bank here in the US, and at the front attached a statement in which my husband swore that what we were submitting was a true copy of the original. Then he and the notary both signed that statement. It worked-- I got my visa the day after my documents arrived in New York!-- and we weren't charged anything by the bank.   

• Jenny's Adventures In England
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2009, 08:02:15 PM »
Just to add to the record of stuff that's worked...I recently applied for the EEA Family Permit and sent a color copy of my husband's passport in with my application to the NY consulate. We had each page of the copy stamped by an official notary employed by my bank here in the US, and at the front attached a statement in which my husband swore that what we were submitting was a true copy of the original. Then he and the notary both signed that statement. It worked-- I got my visa the day after my documents arrived in New York!-- and we weren't charged anything by the bank.   

Just one question. Did you do the color photocopy yourself, and take that to the bank, or do they have to make the copy there? My fiance is traveling to the US in February for our wedding, and I want to make sure I get everything taken care of while he's here. Thanks.

Congratulations on getting your visa. That's really fast. Hope the same happens for me.

• Banned

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »
It doesn't matter who makes the copy, but the notary must see the original in order to notorise the copy.

You can get this certified instead, which is cheaper.

Vicky

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2009, 08:15:51 PM »
Thanks! Yes, we originally went to Kinko's, since they had an official notary public working that day, and did the color copy ourselves. She balked at the certification, because I guess usually with notarization they are provided with a statement that they then sign and stamp, not just a copy of a document to certify. I kind of freaked out (my husband was heading back to the UK in a few hours, and we were thinking we'd have to delay the application in order for him to send his passport back to me once he got there-- yikes!) and immediately got on the nearest computer and logged in to UK Yankee. This is where I got the idea that someone at my bank might be a little more willing to work with me than Kinko's. We took the color copy over to the bank, and the notary there had someone draw up a very simple statement (something like "I, (my husband's name), certify that the attached is a true copy of the original Passport #xxxxx") which he signed and stamped after my husband signed. He inspected the passport and the copy really carefully and then stamped each page of the copy with his seal.
I guess this option has worked for a few others here in the US. You just have to be really careful that the person certifying the passport is indeed an official notary public. GOOD LUCK!

• Oodles by Stephoodle
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2009, 08:35:53 AM »
vtcarter6: Thanks! You totally just answered the question I was going to ask regarding the EEA family permit, haha!

I feel a lot better about being able to use a certified copy of his passport rather than the original, and I know a notary, so I can get it done next time he's here visiting (if it turns out that I'm moving out there... he still might move over here if he gets a job... it's all kind of up in the air at the moment).
Oodles by Stephoodle:
Blog and Etsy Shop

• God only knows what i'd be without you
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2009, 10:24:28 AM »
Good God this thread has left me confused. Please be nice as I'm highly stressed and DF is now stressing me out even more.

I understand a Solicitor has to certify the documents for the applications BUT can they be notarized INSTEAD? DF's Accountant is a Notary Public and has offered to notarize all the documents. Does the ECO just need either a certified or notarized copy? Or ONLY certified? Please for the love of God tell me it can be notarized so that DF doesn't have to track down a Solicitor. We're sending in his passport but have copies of everything else.

• Banned

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2009, 10:34:56 AM »
Either is fine.  But notorising is usually more expensive.

Why are you not sending in originals of the other stuff?  It is usually the passport that people are most reluctant to part with.

Vicky

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2009, 10:44:17 AM »
Either is fine.  But notorising is usually more expensive.

Why are you not sending in originals of the other stuff?  It is usually the passport that people are most reluctant to part with.

Vicky

THANK GOD FOR VICKY!!! LOL

I swear I'm going to bake you a gajilion cakes or something for all the help you've given all of us. I have bank statements that were sent by the bank to DF and documents that his Accountant is preparing regarding his business but I'm not sure they would be considered "originals". Our emails, tickets all that crap I assumed had to be "certified". Also the letter from the Let Agency whenever they get around to that. (Btw my email worked they are now on top of it)

• Banned

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2009, 12:00:45 PM »
Cake is good.  Beer is better!  ;D

Documents prepared by an accountant will certainly be acceptable.  If everything else is original, then there is nothing to be certified.

Vicky

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2009, 09:35:23 PM »
Cake is good.  Beer is better!  ;D

Documents prepared by an accountant will certainly be acceptable.  If everything else is original, then there is nothing to be certified.

Vicky

Oh wow seriously? AMAZING! Yeah the Bank statements were sent to his home by the bank and everything will be prepared by the Accountant in regards to the business. Obviously the emails are printed and the same for the pictures. The let agency will eventually produce something so I guess that won't need to be certified as long as it's an original from them right?

• Banned

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2009, 09:56:31 PM »
Sounds good to me, though obviously I can't say for sure without seeing the docs.

Vicky

« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2009, 04:47:59 AM »
Sounds good to me, though obviously I can't say for sure without seeing the docs.

Vicky

I'm using Nadereh at Global VIP to courier them and she's told me she will do the doc check before she takes them so fingers crossed everything is okay!

Sponsored Links