Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Notary Services  (Read 52077 times)

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Notary Services
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2009, 08:54:14 AM »
Couriers are not all qualified to do document checks.

Vicky

• Liked: 0
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2009, 10:47:37 AM »
After reading through this thread I think I've got it but would like to just verify...

I am applying for my ILR (currently in uk on spousal visa). my husband who is a uk citizen, travels for work weekly and needs his passport so i am planning on getting a certified copy of his passport to send. Does every page need to done?

and if i can include his full uk birth certificate, then only a regular copy of his passport is needed (does not need to be certified). Is that right?

i am also planning on including a letter explaining why his origianl pp is not included as well as a letter from his employer verifying his need to travel.

thanks! just want to be sure before i post the application!

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2009, 11:48:07 AM »
After reading through this thread I think I've got it but would like to just verify...

I am applying for my ILR (currently in uk on spousal visa). my husband who is a uk citizen, travels for work weekly and needs his passport so i am planning on getting a certified copy of his passport to send. Does every page need to done?

No, just the Details page.

• Banned

• Becca Jane St Clair
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2009, 09:48:03 PM »
Bringing this back to the top.

Tim and I are planning on taking his passport over to my bank when he's here for the wedding to have the notary public notarize a copy.  Do we need to use a colour copy?

Is there anything else we need to take over to the Notary?  Is providing a statement for the notary to sign certifying it is a copy and they have seen the original also necessary or is the stamp/seal on the passport copy all we will need?
http://blog.beccajanestclair.com

Met Tim Online: 2004 ~ Met IRL in the US: 6/2005
Engaged: 23/09/2009 ~ Married:  05/11/2009
Biometrics Submitted: 28/12/2009 ~ Spousal Visa Application Submitted: 12/31/2009
Spousal Visa Issued: 31/12/2009 ~ Move Date: 21/1/2010

« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2009, 12:13:01 PM »
good afternoon all,could someone tell me the answer to this please because me ( uk ) are going to marry my g/f ( usa )...in febuary 2010,flights booked and we will be marrying in New York,i wont be able to leave her my passport because i need it to fly back,so i have to do a copy,please what is best,a certified copy and if so what does it look like,or a notary public one....i have seen and phoned around there is a BIG difference in price....i do have a full length birth certificate,which i can leave with her....cheers again awesome site

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2009, 12:15:36 PM »
If you submit your actual long form birth certificate then you can supply a standard photocopy of your passport details page and will not need to have any notarising or certifying done.

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2009, 12:22:08 PM »
wow webyj,thank you so much fort a quick response,just a normal photocopy of the back of passport is enough huh great....do i need to get the pages with the stamps for my trips over to the states done as well or just that back page?,and should i get a solicitor to photocopy it???....thanks

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2009, 12:27:46 PM »
Just the passport details page (the one with your photo on it), it can be a standard photocopy, from a copy machine and nothing else needs to be done AS LONG AS you send your actual Long Form Birth Certificate with it.

« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2009, 12:30:42 PM »
webyj...derby isnt far from me,and if this all  turns out ok for us,im gonna buy u a BIG bunch of flowers for your help   ;D

« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2009, 12:33:43 PM »
Aww thanks...just live happily ever after, that's enough for me.  :)

« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2010, 06:46:52 PM »
Just to clarify - to prove UK status, only the photo/details page needs to be copied?

Also, what constitutes a certification? Mine is a photocopy with a stamp with the solicitor's name and address, and a second stamp saying it's a true copy, which has been signed. That's it. Guessing that's suitable?

« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2010, 03:14:11 PM »
sorry if this is a repeat question. me and my ukc spouse are in the states and we need a notorized copy of his passport since he might have to go back before me. what pages do we need to copy. we will also be sending in his birth certificate. also is it notorized he needs or certified copy. i found notaries in my area but want tomake sure a notorized copy is ok.
June 1st-married
June 2nd-applied for spouse visa
June 2nd-biometrics (git in before my appointment date)
June 2nd-package overnighted to courier
June 3rd- courier received my package and looked it over and mailed to consulant
June 4th-consulant received my package
June 4th- received email that evening saying i was apporoved
June 7th- received my visa
June 16th-flew back to U.k with my husband

« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2010, 04:57:49 PM »
Just the details page...the one with his picture on it. In the US Notarised is fine.

« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2010, 10:59:13 PM »
I just want to confirm, that for a spousal visa application, the certified copy of the sponsor's passport needs to be through a notary/solicitor, it cannot be made at the post office? The price difference is quite large, but just wanted to be really sure.

7 GBP is hard to beat:
http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/content1;jsessionid=NLYTSTT5OPX10FB2IGFEPLQUHRAYWQ2K?catId=63400715&mediaId=105000818

Thanks!

• When in doubt, the answer's always tea!
    • Tea in England
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2010, 01:59:41 PM »
Just as an FYI, I was informed today by telephone by the U.S. Embassy in London that they are currently NOT providing Notary Services. This may resume at the end of September, but for now, no notarial services are being provided to U.S. citizens there. (Their website does not reflect this information.)
04/03 – Met UKC online
07/04 - Married UKC/lived in UK 1 mo.
11/04 - Moved to US 
11/08 - UKC husband received USC
03/10 - Decided to return to UK
04/10 – Received UK Spouse Visa (KOL REQ)
08/10 – Returned to UK to live; took KOL
12/10 - Received ILR
11/13 - Received British Citizenship

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab