Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!  (Read 2319 times)

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!
« on: January 26, 2004, 12:41:20 PM »
When I was back home for Thanksgiving I ordered some girl scout cookies from my neice, and they were mailed to me yesterday!!!

OMG - - the anticipation of receiving those Thin Mints is nearly killing me...
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
Re: GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 01:20:08 PM »
Oh man...you did have to mention the GS word.

I LOVE Thin Mints!
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 01:40:24 PM »
My mother told me last night she ordered my Samoas last week.  Then I told her I'm already in e-mail contact with a girl scout because I'm going to be in town the week after they're delivered and I'm bringing them back with me!  So I will be smuggling TONNES of Girl Scout Cookies in February!  ;D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 02:24:55 PM »

Oh nothing beats Girl Scout cookies!There also is a new flavor of ice cream from Eddys out as well.My Mom bought some,but I cant remember the flavor now? :o

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 03:41:13 PM »
Hehehhehehe Sara I just bought Thin Mints!  Ohhh man oh man I love those too.  But I'm going to be good and save them for when Chris is here in Boston in March.  Errr well maybe.  I could buy another box... no I have to be good.  I'm heavy dieting over the next 6 weeks.  There has to be a way to work this out.

I tell you though those Girl Scouts charge and arm and leg for those cookies now.  $3.50 a box.  :o

Heck once a year - its thin mints and sooooo worth it.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 04:24:28 AM »
nummie.

i luv the thin mints and the peanut butter ones.  i haven't had any of those in years!  good stuff!   do they make those in the UK?  they have girlscouts here, don't they?    a shame if you can't get them here...  

funny the stuff that you miss when it isn't available anymore, isn't it?  
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 01:03:16 PM »
They do have Girl Scouts here, but not the cookies from what I understand. At least the never did - my MIL was a Girl Scout leader and had never heard of the cookies! That was a while ago though... maybe they've since seen the cookie light?
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 04:04:37 PM »
I bet you could order the cookies online.  Those Girl Scouts now even sell the cookies in the shopping malls instead of going door to door as they used to.  Not that I blame them for stopping that practice.  You never know whose door you've just knocked on anymore.  Check it out though.  Could help with those cravings we've just brought back to you Angel.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 08:52:08 PM »
People alway's have to bring up the good stuff when i'm sitting here starving cuz i haven't had my dinner yet!!! ;D

My fav's are carmel delights and the peanut butter ones.
My mom would always order loads from my cousins....

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2004, 10:19:46 PM »
People alway's have to bring up the good stuff when i'm sitting here starving cuz i haven't had my dinner yet!!! ;D

My fav's are carmel delights and the peanut butter ones.
My mom would always order loads from my cousins....

The caramel delights are my favs too. :P But why are they sometimes called Samoas and sometimes Caramel Delites??? It's the same exact cookie as far as I can tell. Is it a regional thing? And I think the peanut butter patties used to be called Tagalongs or something like that too. Weird. :-/

So confession time...who used to be a Brownie or a Girl Scout? I was a Brownie. :P And I sucked at selling cookies. ;D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 10:21:44 PM by meli_snell »

• Liked: 4
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2004, 11:42:17 AM »
hummmm... you guys have my mouth watering and this is not a good time....i'm debating about going on another diet, LOL.  
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2004, 04:34:42 PM »
I too am a Tagalong girl.  I coud go through a whole box of those things at one sitting, and I'm not much of one for sweets...

My sd is in GS and we have a few boxes coming to us.  Had I known earlier (we were not informed of the GS cookies sale until they were getting ready to put their order in.  Dh got a rare phone call from sd that went, "Hi Dad.  I'm selling gs cookies."  Then after he ordered he got, "Ok.  Well I don't really have anything else to say."  But I digress.) I would have put it up here and yall could have ordered from her.

Oh well.  Next year.

Edit:  And I was a Pixie and Brownie.  I got kicked out of Brownies, though, for punching another Brownie.  

She deserved it.  Her name was Suzanne and she kept making faces at me.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2004, 12:02:12 AM by SAF »

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2004, 11:52:40 PM »
... maybe they've since seen the cookie light?

LMAO

the "cookie light"!   funny.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 12:01:45 PM »
I've ordered $77 worth of Girl Scout Cookies.

Am I insane?  :o

That means I have to figure out how to get 22 boxes of cookies back into the UK... ???

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2004, 12:12:48 PM »
They DO sell Girl Scout cookies in this country!!!!!!! The hard part is finding the Lone Scouts or the American communities where they are- I had corresponded with a couple last year regarding the cookies, but it appears that neither of the e-mail addresses I have this year  :'(.

If someone very quickly goes to the GS website (cookie sales will be ending shortly!) and go to the international section, e-mail them!!!! They forward the message on to UK leaders (the two I talked to were in London and near the ACS-Chobham)!!!!!!!!!! I'm on a diet this year and refuse to be tempted (and trust me, after 15 years as a Girl Scout and 10 years as a leader/cookie mom), it doesn't take much to tempt me! :)

Sherry
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 12:14:55 PM by GrnEyesnUK »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab