Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need some help please  (Read 2726 times)

• Liked: 0
Need some help please
« on: January 26, 2004, 05:16:39 PM »
Hi everyone!  I am ordering special wine glasses for Chris and I at our wedding.  These glasses come from the Lillian Vernon catalog.  The help I need is for a quote or phrase or something.  They will print two lines of verse 18 letters per line.  While thats great I'm having trouble picking what to put on the glasses.

I've thought of things like Love Conquers All but its a bit short as you can see.

Can anyone send any suggestions my way?  Thanks ever so much its really appreciated.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 05:17:14 PM by Kizmet122800 »
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

Re: Need some help please
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 06:04:58 PM »
"Come Live with me and Be My Love"?

• Fat people are hard to kidnap.
    • Flickr
Re: Need some help pleaseQuotes by Charles Augusti
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 08:00:09 PM »
Ok -- I'm not at home, so I don't have all my quotes .. and some/all of these might be too long, but I like 'em.

1)   "Tell me who admires you and loves you, and I will tell you who you are."  -Charles Augustin Sainte-Beauve

2)  "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage."  -Lao-Tzu

3)  "Where there is love there is life."   -Mahatma Gandhi

4)  "Wisdom tells me I am nothing.  Love tells me I am everything.  Between the two, my life flows."  -Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

5)  "Nunc scio quit sit amor." -- Latin, "Now I know what love is." -Virgil

Hope those help -- if nothing else, hope those inspire.
If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. ~Carl Sagan

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 11:19:14 PM »
Hey Lisa, great to see you.  Hope all is well.  Thanks so much.  I really like #2.  Yes I'm inspired and might steal one.

Thanks Saf I really like yours too.  Is that a song?  I have a favorite song but the title doesn't make sense really if you dont' know the song.  The song is Forever's as far as I'll go by Alabama.  I love love love that one.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 05:48:39 AM »
"I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever."  ~Rabindranath Tagore~

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 09:48:29 AM »
Just wanted to add to the great quotes already shared- here are some of my favourites;  

Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery~

Love is friendship set to music.
~E. Joseph Crossmann~

Love conquers all.
~Virgil~

Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
~Charles Dickens~

There is only one happiness in life,
to love and be loved.
~ George Sand ~

[smiley=heart.gif]

Jen
« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 09:49:17 AM by jennydee »

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 04:16:57 PM »
Wow you guys are g o o d!  Thanks I have seen some great ones.  I knew I was bringing this to the right place.  I'm so bad about finding quotes and things like this.  Makes me so happy to see all these quotes though.  Keep em coming.

• Hiya
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 06:17:46 PM »
Ok, I've got a few but am so upset that I left my little book of love quotes I got from my fiance at my parents house...argh.  Here's a few from a book he gave me on growing old together.

"I shall love you until death do us part and then we shall be together forever and ever."
.....Dylan Thomas 'Under Milk Wood'

"Sing the Lovers' Litany: 'Love like ours can never die!'"
.....Rudyard Kipling 'Lovers' Litany'

"Grow old along with me!  The best is yeat to be.  THe last of life, for which the first was made."
.....Robert Browning

"For as you were when first your eye I eyed, such seems your beauty still."
......William Shakespeare 'Sonnet 104'

There's so many to choose from ....hehehe

"I shall love you until death do us part and then we shall be together for ever and ever." Dylan Thomas

"I am still learning."  Michelangelo

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab