Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ireland calls  (Read 616 times)

• Dream it and they will come.
  • Liked: 0
Ireland calls
« on: January 26, 2004, 11:30:45 PM »
I recently found this site and have been looking around.  I am living in the Pacific Northwest (Idaho) United States.  I want to move to Ireland but it sounds so tough to be able to do that.  I'm frustrated at the moment.  

I lived in England for some years, some in Havant, Hampshire and then Bury St. Edmonds, Suffolk.  I still have friends in England, but Ireland is pulling my heartstrings strongly.  I told my daughter I would take her to the UK when she graduates college and she is now in her 3rd year!  I am saving, hoping for us to be able to spend a month there.  I was hoping at the end of our month, to stay and she could come back to the States.  Does anyone have any Irish contacts for letting places in the southern or midwestern part of Ireland?  I would love to chat with people that have moved to Ireland, plus any in England that wish.  I have fond memories there.

• Liked: 1
Re: Ireland calls
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 02:36:02 AM »
Hi DJ and welcome.  We have several people in the Ireland area or nearby so they might be able to help.

I for one applaud you for being willing to live your dream.  So many people live with the "what ifs" in life so it si nice to see someone who is willing to take that plunge.  In the meantime if I can be of any help in non-Irish matters let me know!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 07:19:07 AM »
Hi DJ! Can't help you with Irish contacts but would like to extend a warm welcome you!

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 12:56:41 PM »
Welcome to the site. :) We've got some people here living in or moving to Ireland that should be able to help with your questions... I live in Cambridgshire right near the Suffolk Border, and have spent many many hours in Bury St. Edmunds - even got married there in the registry office. :)
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 03:24:56 PM »

Hiya DJ and welcome to UKY.

Oh thats great that you have decided to follow your heart and make your dream come true :) I know your frustrated ,but dont give up. Just take a deep breath and keep keeping on!

Like others have mentioned there are people here who actually live in Ireland,so they can help you alot.

I have Irish roots so Iam very biased towards it.I have and will again live in England,but the whole of the UK is a wonderful and beautiful place.

Rhia

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 03:37:43 PM »
Hi DJ and welcome to this lovely place.  The good news is you will find people that can help you and a bunch of us that just love a good story.  So let us know how you're doing.  Glad to meet you.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 03:39:57 PM »
Hi and Welcome!

l live in lreland, not the Republic but Northern!

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 05:38:53 PM »
Hi DJ...welcome to UKY. :)

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2004, 07:32:05 AM »
Hiya DJ.. glad you found your way here. :)  While I haven't spent a great deal of time in Ireland, I am somewhat familiar with co. Waterford in the southeast.  I've been there visiting and would eventually like to settle in Tramore (small holiday town on the coast).  Anyway, I'm not sure what sort of contacts you're after, but I or my boyfriend might be able to help (he's spent a good many summers there with family living nearby - his mum is from N. Ireland and father from the Republic).  

Post away if you have any questions/comments. :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab