Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Storage Heaters!  (Read 2789 times)

• Liked: 0
Storage Heaters!
« on: January 27, 2004, 01:21:09 PM »
Can someone point me in the direction of a quick tutorial on storage heaters?  Or give me some pointers?  I thought I was well instructed on how to use them ... but as I found out this morning, I don't think I am working them correctly.

The part that I know:
- 2 knobs: one labeled "output", the other "storage".
- Something about drawing electricity during off peak hours

In light of the impending "storm" we were supposed to get yesterday and today and tomorrow, I turned up the storage knob, thinking that this would really store up energy to use throughout the day -- however, this morning, the heater was burning hot.

Thanks!

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
Re: Storage Heaters!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 02:29:31 PM »
Well hello there!  Nice to see you here again!  Settling in alright??  :)

We've got a storage heater too and it does take some getting used to!  Bascially, you've done it right.  THe hotter the heater is in the morning, the more heat it has stored and the longer it will give heat off during the day.

Basically, the heating will be on during the night...which is usually the cheapest time of the day for electricity....it then "shuts off" around 7 or so in the morning and the bricks in the heater continue to give off heat all day.  So it naturally makes sense that if you want more heat during the later part of the day, the heater will be hotter in the morning.

Only real drawback is when it doesn't turn out to be as cold as you thought it was going to be.  Then you end up opening up windows to keep from suffocating to death and wasting all that lovely heat.

Hope that helps!  

Rebecca

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 11:37:38 PM »
Rebecca --

Thanks!

[I've been meaning to put a posting in the group, letting you guys know how the firt few weeks have been.  But haven't had much time -- between work and getting the flat ready.

This weekend, I will try to put some of my initial impressions down for you guys.]

In regard to the heaters, though, if the storage one stores and puts out heat for the day, what does the output knob do?  Fun, fun times!!

Thanks for your help!

• Rhia's hubby -  the new start in life for me
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 04:35:00 AM »
  The output knob is for you to regulate how much heat your drawing from the stored heat.    

Sponsored Links