Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Shipping cars  (Read 1967 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Shipping cars
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2004, 07:32:07 PM »
Thank you GrahamE for your post.

I will be working in Knightsbridge and we don't have kids yet, so we are willing to give up space in order to be close to work, and my wife will have a direct tube to the University. Plus, my company pays for the rent and moving expenses. :D

If I sell the my 6 months old VW Passat here, and convert it to GBP, I would get less than half of what it costs in the UK, or barely to buy a Ford Ka. So we are tempted to take the risk and bring the car and avoid having to buy a car thereā€¦  [smiley=goofy.gif]

I guess there is no answer to my question, but I appreciate your comments.
From Andorra to London via Miami.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2004, 12:27:55 AM »
Hey I have a passat too!  That I am going to miss terribly... I just decided that driving on the wrong side there might throw me for a loop.  That and the shipping and well... several other factors....

It does suck though especially when you have a nice VW!  Will your company pay shipping for the car? 

Just curious.... when did you go to Andorra?  So many people in the USA do not even know where it is!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Well House Consultants - PHP Courses
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2004, 08:26:16 AM »
I think the saying is "forwarned is forarmed".  It might well, in all the circumstances of your situation, be best for you to ship ... but at least you have some more information now.  Good luck with the move, enjoy England!

-- Graham
Well House Consultants - Open Source training
Well House Manor - Hotel in Melksham, Wiltshire

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2004, 06:10:27 PM »
Yes, they pay for the shipping, and I don't mind driving a car with the steering wheel on the "wrong" side... except if there are many toll booths! Any way, we haven't decided yet what we are going to do.

I am an andorran citizen and we have been in the US for a wile, so we are happy we have found this forum. You would be surprised how many people know about Andorra in the US.  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Thank you all.
From Andorra to London via Miami.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2004, 03:13:07 AM »
I wish someone would ship mine.  I really will miss it. It even has the butt warmers! It's a 2002, but I just figured it would be easier to give it to dad than lug it all the way there.

La meva familia son de Girona.  Parlo catala molt malament! 
Fins Ara i benvingut al forum!

Translastion so as to not be rude... my family is from Gerona.  I speak Catalan very badly ..see you later and welcome to the forum!

Sorry had to add that in -not much chance to practice!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 03:14:41 AM by vnicepeeps »
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2004, 10:54:56 PM »
I really will miss it. It even has the butt warmers!

You are just a spoiled brat like my daughter you know :P :P :P

Sponsored Links