Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: No word on Visa yet.....  (Read 395 times)

• Liked: 0
No word on Visa yet.....
« on: November 22, 2006, 01:44:43 AM »
Ok...so I am worried!!!  The Consulate in LA received our documents on Friday, Nov 17, 2006.  The only thing I got was an email from FedEx letting me know it had been delivered.  Tomorrow at 10:05am they will have had it for 3 days....and I still do not have an email or voicemail from them.  Should I be worried?  Shouldn't I have received something by now?  I coulda swore I read somewhere that they would send me a confirmation email. 

*sigh*

This is so stressful...not knowing...waiting...and still not knowing. 

I am aware it takes a minimum of 5 days...and with Thanksgiving and all (does the British Consulate close for that?!?! lol..ironic) I do expect some delays...and common sense tells me that this is a busy time to apply for a visa.

I need some reassurance that it's ok to not have received an email....I need to know that it is still possible to be with Mike by Christmas.

Lie to me if you have to, lol, just make me feel better  ;D

• Liked: 0
Re: No word on Visa yet.....
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 06:23:42 AM »
the LA consulate doesn't send out confirmation emails that they've received/are processing your application...so don't worry about that. And it's 5 *business* days, and sometimes they take a little longer so it's likely you won't hear back until sometime next week.  Back in August I got my visa approval email from LA one week after my documents had been recieved.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 06:25:20 AM by Andrea. »
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

Re: No word on Visa yet.....
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 11:59:31 AM »
Dunno how the LA one operates but the way my application for a Visit Visa went was I mailed it out at they got it at 9:30am on Tuesday. They called me up Friday to say they wanted an interview next Wednesday then the person on the phone during the interview said it would be reviewed on Thursday and mailed out and that Friday morning I would get an email with the tracking number. I never got the email and my documents arrived on Monday. It was horrid to wait.

Sponsored Links