Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: New HSMP  (Read 419 times)

• Liked: 0
New HSMP
« on: November 23, 2006, 04:56:22 AM »
Since this is so new and really hasn't started yet, I'm not sure what advice people can offer, but I thought I'd try to ask...

I"m 5 points away from qualifying for the HSMP. The new rules for the HSMP state that the salary can include part time jobs. Does the part time job have to be in the field for which I have my degree? For example, I'm a teacher, but my mom is a real estate agent and could hire me as an assistant. I would also be assisting with bookings for a rental property my parents own. Could that count towards my earned income? If so, my parents would be paying me through their funds, most likely on a commissioned basis, and it would not be a payroll, but I could provide documentation of my pay through checks and they could provide information as needed. For my mom's real estate company, the agents to pay their assistants through their commission, so I could provide company policy as far as that goes.

With the current exchange rate, I'm currently about $3,000 short of the salary I would need. If it counts toward salary, I'm concerned about documentation because it's a family business in a profession where finances work differently for most. Would I have to provide more documentation than normal because it would be a family business and most, if not all, of my earnings would be after the current tax year?

Thank you for any help!

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: New HSMP
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 11:05:29 AM »
I see nothing in the rules stating that earnings have to be in your chosen field.  However, they are VERY strict about documentatin you will need two forms of evidence, and that should be payslips and tax returns.  If the employment will not be covered by a tax return yet, then you will need to show the payment in your bank statements and have a letter from your employer.

As it is a family business, I suspect they may want further documentation to prove that this is genuine employment, but at this early stage it is impossible to say what.

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab