Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: okay this is FAR away but....  (Read 818 times)

• Liked: 1
okay this is FAR away but....
« on: February 10, 2004, 05:23:02 PM »
How on earth do they rate schools in the UK?  How do you know what and where is the best place to live to get a good education for your child?  How about paid versus unpaid schools?

Ideas?  I don't even have kids yet , but will and as we will be buying a house one day.... I need to know so as to not buy in an area where my children will learn diddly squat.
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
Re: okay this is FAR away but....
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 05:34:00 PM »
You can look at how schools compare to each other by viewing school performance tables for your area.  These can be found on the DfES's website.

You can also view a school's inspection report (Ofsted Report), which can be found on Osted's website.  Mind, schools are not inspected each year, but you will be able to read the last report made.
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab