Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Proving daily contact  (Read 681 times)

• Kat
  • I don't have to like Bush to love my country

• Liked: 0
Proving daily contact
« on: December 06, 2006, 05:12:26 AM »
I am getting the paperwork (FINALLY) together to send in for the app.  I know we need to show that we've been in contact with each other, but do I really need to print out daily emails for the last 2 years?  Sam says yes, but I can't help but think how much ink and paper that's going to be. 

Any suggestions?
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning" Catherine Aird

Re: Proving daily contact
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 11:04:22 AM »
Hi there,

When I was doing all the evidence bit, I filed all my emails in a seperate folder for emails from my husband, and did a print (i.e. screenshot) of the contents of that folder, the page with all the details of email address, title and date. It showed they were all from my hubby on a pretty much daily basis.

Apart from the waste of paper and ink, and the fact that they're probably not going to read every email, I don't think I'd want to submit actual emails anyway - for sure some of mine are very personal and were only ever intended for my husband's eyes!

Good luck,

Nyree

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 11:31:01 AM »
That is the first time I have ever heard of anyone doing that, and it is such a great idea that I can't believe I didn't think of it myself!  With your permission, I am going to advise most of my clients to do the same.

If you can't for some reason (ie being clueless like me and not knowing how to) then just a select few from the time spent apart...one a month even...and point out that this is only a selection.

But Nyree's idea is much better!

Vicky

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 07:44:01 PM »
My permission???! Hell yeah and thanks for the compliment - I seldom have good ideas!

It's quite easy to do though... just open your inbox, and file>print as you would a normal page. If for some reason it doesn't work you can do a screenshot. I can never remember how to do that but if I ever need to I Google "take screenshot" and instructions come up.

N

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 09:27:29 PM »
Your computer has a print screen button (prt sc) just hit that and it does the screenshot.

Good luck with your application!

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 12:19:26 PM »
Your computer has a print screen button (prt sc) just hit that and it does the screenshot.

Oh yeah, never noticed that before!

Vicky

• Midwestern Yank
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 06:52:57 AM »
I wonder if you could do the same for a log of chat conversations?  I have trillian and it automatically saves every conversation I ever have unless I go in an manually delete it/tell it not to.  There is a page you can view that has snippets of the convos on it...wonder if that would be the same.  *shrugs* DF and I hardly email--we mostly IM each other, so I assume turning in a few IM conversations that have dates connected to them would be okay too?
Dec 7, 2007 - Moved to UK
Feb 15, '11-Citizenship ceremony
March 8, '11-UK passport received

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 08:05:35 AM »
I wonder if you could do the same for a log of chat conversations?  I have trillian and it automatically saves every conversation I ever have unless I go in an manually delete it/tell it not to.  There is a page you can view that has snippets of the convos on it...wonder if that would be the same.  *shrugs* DF and I hardly email--we mostly IM each other, so I assume turning in a few IM conversations that have dates connected to them would be okay too?

That's what I did - I did a screenshot of the message history folder for Yahoo IM and a few  others and sent that in with my fiance application.

Sponsored Links