Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I-94 Process Time and other concerns  (Read 470 times)

• Liked: 0
I-94 Process Time and other concerns
« on: December 07, 2006, 11:21:43 PM »
Hi everyone, you guys have always been so helpful, so I hope you can answer my question. My SO didn't have his green I-94 card taken out of his passport when he last visited the US in April 2005, and thanks to the advice I got here earlier, we followed the instructions found here to see that it got processed: http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/cbp/i94.html

He included his boarding pass (he was only in the US for five days) and a cover letter explaining that his card had not been taken by the airline. He sent this in mid-to-late October. He is due to arrive in the US for a visit on December 28th, and has not been in the US since his previous visit. He also has no other stamps from other countries in his passport to prove that he hasn't overstayed the VWP (unless the UK stamps the passports of UK nationals upon entry too?).

My stomach is in an absolute knot about this, and I cannot find anywhere on the site that would let us get proof that they received his card and boarding pass (what if it got lost in the mail???)

So, I guess my question is this: do any of you know how long these take to process? I'm afraid that the almost 8 weeks it will have been will not be enough. And we're not sure whether he should take documentation of his ties to the UK in the fear of looking overprepared if his card has in fact not been processed. Last time he visited, the officer at the POE was skeptical that he was just "visiting a friend" (I don't even know why, he'd never been to the US before) and asked whether the friend was male or female, and when he said "female", the officer said "Are you sure she's just a friend?" and the SO said "yes", and then the officer hrrmed and hawwed and said "I guess I'll let you in, welcome to the United States." I'm concerned because of this grilling that he's been flagged in the system or something, so this on top of the I-94 fiasco has me a complete nervous wreck. Ballpark estimate about his chances of getting admitted into the country? Not to mention the consequences of his being denied entry affecting a wedding in the US make my head spin . . .

Help.  I miss him so badly. I haven't seen him since August. I haven't even seen his FACE since August, because he doesn't have high-speed internet now that he's graduated and is home from uni. :-[ :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 11:25:24 PM by almariel »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab