Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Gentle reminder for those on the Naturalization track  (Read 663 times)

Gentle reminder for those on the Naturalization track
« on: December 08, 2006, 01:01:28 PM »
Just a gentle reminder that today - 8 Dec - marks the last two weeks of public consultation on the new charging scheme.    The consultation closes on 22 Dec.

Why is it important?  Because the proposal incorporates a new concept in applications for citizenship.  If implemented, the fee would include not only what it costs the government to process the application - which is fine, but also the intrinsic value of British citizenship in today's world - which is not fine because who can attempt to put a price on an intangible like that?

So it's an open-ended license to raise the application fee in proportion to how British citizenship is perceived.  And this can result in astronomical prices for people like YOU  :o

So I suggest sending your consultation response this weekend!

• Does my bum look big in this?
  • Liked: 0
Re: Gentle reminder for those on the Naturalization track
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 01:09:13 PM »
Whoa!!!  Does that include applications for registration as well as applications for naturalisation?  Yikes!!!
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

• Conservative for the moral good of mankind
  • Liked: 0
Re: Gentle reminder for those on the Naturalization track
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 09:54:37 PM »
Huh? What?  Totally confused. I have been studying my Life in the UK book and wasn't going to actually make enquiries into taking the test until about February.  What does all this mean? What is "public consultation"? And what is the new Scheme changing too? Is this is one referred to for the test to be taken on those applying for ILR?  Basically I just want to know where I stand at the moment.
"Be completely humble and patient, bearing with one another in love"  Ephesians 4:2

"All that is necessary for evil to win the world is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Sponsored Links