Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Marriage/CP called off -- now what?  (Read 664 times)

• Liked: 0
Marriage/CP called off -- now what?
« on: December 13, 2006, 12:03:04 AM »
Hi all.  Here's my situation:

Met a guy while visiting London last year, kept it up as a long-distance romance.  He asked me to become his Civil Partner and we went through the tedious process to get my entry clearance (fiance/cp visa). It was a bit sudden but it made sense at the time so that we could be together and I could work in the UK too (necessary as neither of us are rich!).

I went back to London last month to register the CP but we both realized perhaps we weren't ready for this.  I know "marriage" shouldnt be taken lightly but I think we both wanted to do it at the time we started the process, especially now that it's "legal" for gays to "marry."

My question is:  what happens if later on we decide to go through with it? I know my visa is good for 6 months, but will I have to reapply with the same information?

Or what if I meet someone else and we want to be together?  Does anyone know what the policy is on this?  Certainly heterosexual couples break up and find new fiancees.

I just want to make sure my bases are covered.

Re: Marriage/CP called off -- now what?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 08:18:08 AM »
It doesn't happen all the time, but it's not totally rare either.  If you don't get CP'd on this round you can go back and you can get another visa starting from square 1.  Or alternatively you can try your luck extending your fiance visa for a few months using the FLR(O) form.

Repartnering is fine too, but also requires starting from square 1 in your own country.

Both cases are somewhat out of the routine, but then nobody's going to fall off their chair in astonishment either...

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab