Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Popcorn, pretzels, anywhere?  (Read 1757 times)

• Liked: 0
Popcorn, pretzels, anywhere?
« on: October 16, 2002, 01:03:20 AM »
Hi! Seems like a trivial matter, but we can't find popcorn (besides microwave) anywhere!  Also, we can only find tiny bags of pretzels and we're bummed.  The only snacks we see are crisps, biscuits and other fattening things.  We tried these low fat twiggly things but they were weird tasting :P.  We don't like to keep fattening snacks around and it seems there's not much choice at the store!

We want to bring our air popper here, but is there any popcorn to be found ????  We've checked all the major chains in London (Sainsburys, Tesco, Safeways, etc.).  
Plus ca change . . . plus c'est la meme chose.

Re: Popcorn, pretzels, anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 01:09:34 AM »
Yes, normal popcorn can be found at  health food shops-Try Holland and Barrett.  There should be one near you.  :)

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 09:50:24 AM »
... and last time i looked, Sainsburys had big bags of 99% fat free organic pretzels... they were in the same aisle as crisps and doritos.

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 08:18:42 PM »
Thanks!  I'll look again at Sainsburys and check out the health food stores! ;D
Plus ca change . . . plus c'est la meme chose.

• Liked: 24
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2002, 01:37:54 PM »
I got a bag of popping corn from Tesco a while back, it's lasted a while so I don't know if they still carry it.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2002, 10:24:23 PM »
I got a bag of popping corn from Tesco a while back, it's lasted a while so I don't know if they still carry it.

Tesco stocked popping corn as long ago as 1975-76, and as you have bought popping corn from them relatively recently I'd be surprised if they have stopped selling it in the past couple of months.
Richard

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2002, 10:59:21 PM »
Popcorn: My Tesco's doesn't have the non-microwave kind. [smiley=bigcry.gif]
However, they do currently have Thick Pretzels (with the xmas snacks) at the end of the Crisps aisle.
wench
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2003, 12:21:34 PM »
... and last time i looked, Sainsburys had big bags of 99% fat free organic pretzels... they were in the same aisle as crisps and doritos.

I buy these pretzels all the time. They're made in Pennsylvania! That's the only reason I buy them instead of the Sainsbury's brand.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2003, 06:00:47 PM »
Caroline

You can find small poppers at Argo's and Littlewood's. Also, you can buy a good one at Jerryshomestore.co.uk - a great shop for American products (although slightly pricey.)
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2003, 07:51:33 PM »

Tesco stocked popping corn as long ago as 1975-76, and as you have bought popping corn from them relatively recently I'd be surprised if they have stopped selling it in the past couple of months.

From what I understand from the people I know who work at Tesco, they regard popping corn as a seasonal food, therefore only available in certain parts of the year.  For some reason they had none at all from Oct - Jan, maybe something to do with whether it was being harvested?  Anyhow it's now back on sale in Tesco's. *looks at the bags that are on top of the fridge*....Yes we have a fridge in our living room :P

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2003, 01:29:52 AM »
..... they regard popping corn as a seasonal food, therefore only available in certain parts of the year.  For some reason they had none at all from Oct - Jan, .....

Maybe they moved it make room for crackers and Christmas puds?  .... You'd better stock up before they move it again to make way for Easter eggs!  ;D
Richard

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2003, 08:37:46 PM »
I found popping corn at Morrisons in the aisle with the crisps and such.  It's Act II and costs 59p per bag.   Morrisons also has it in the International food section (where the Asian ingredients are) and although I can't remember the name it costs  ummmm [smiley=thinking.gif] 69p per bag.  Sometime around Christmas I found it at Sainsburys as well, but I've not looked for it there since I found the Act II at Morrisons.

I hate microwave popcorn.

Anyway, I hope you find it.

Take care,

Saffron  :D

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2003, 10:56:59 PM »
I found the pop it yourself kind today in tesco's.  Bizarraly it wasn't located with the microwave kind (in the chips aisle) but with the red beans, black eyed peas, strange lentils I'd never heard of (over by the spices).

yay!  :D
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2003, 12:30:02 AM »
I found the pop it yourself kind today in tesco's.  Bizarraly it wasn't located with the microwave kind (in the chips aisle) but with the red beans, black eyed peas, strange lentils I'd never heard of (over by the spices).

yay!  :D

Thanks for that bit of info.  I usually do my shopping at Tesco, so I'll have to look for the popcorn there. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Saffron

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab