Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: American Idol returns!  (Read 18234 times)

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: American Idol returns!
« Reply #465 on: May 30, 2007, 06:05:43 PM »
It was kind of lackluster, don't you think?  I'm not a big fan of the group singing stuff, so all of that was kinda pointless to me.

Yes, I do agree. Lackluster is the word. Honestly, I fast forwarded over most of it. I did watch Kelly Clarkson's performance, though, because I love love love love her.

I found myself liking Blake less and less as the weeks passed - and I didn't feel the Blake love the way you did in the first place! I do think I agree with what Sharon Osbourne said about him (and I rarely agree with her) ... he seems desperate and contrived. And then there are the short legs.  :P
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #466 on: May 30, 2007, 06:27:27 PM »
He just doesn't have the versitility to take it to the next level. He's pretty much a one-trick pony.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #467 on: May 30, 2007, 06:56:44 PM »
I did watch Kelly Clarkson's performance, though, because I love love love love her.

I really liked her rendition of Sgt. Pepper.  I've never paid much attention to her in the past, but I'm warming up to her a lot of late.

Do they cut out parts of the show to fit in the UK commentators (like Mrs. Osbourne), or does it become a zillion hours long?

• An eagle swooped down from a semi-trailer
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #468 on: May 30, 2007, 07:25:56 PM »
I made a point of not coming to UKY for the past couple of days because I couldn't watch the Idol finale until last night ... and now I find nobody's really talked about it at all! I know it wasn't much of a surprise, but still!

Once Melinda and Lakisha went out, you knew who was gonna win. And Blake wasn't that inspiring. I must confess I did not even watch the finale. I cheated and saw who won, and then thought, what was the point?

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #469 on: May 30, 2007, 07:27:12 PM »
Do they cut out parts of the show to fit in the UK commentators (like Mrs. Osbourne), or does it become a zillion hours long?

Yup, they cut stuff out. I think a lot of the banter between the contestants and Ryan is cut out, but there must be more as well. There was a lot of Mrs. Osbourne during the finale.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

Sponsored Links