Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Valentine's away from your honey sucks  (Read 2033 times)

• this is dedicated to the one i love
  • Liked: 0
Valentine's away from your honey sucks
« on: February 15, 2004, 02:51:30 AM »
:'(

Its just not the same talking on the phone and trying to send each other gifts that don't arrive in time.

He was at work today and sad because he works at a coop store and all the food reminded him of me (we are obsessive about food) and I was at the beach with my mom and all the cutesy couples made me miss him terribly.

I guess its better than not having anyone and being completely bitter on VDay, but its depressing seeing all the stupid heart balloons and flowers that I would buy him if we were on the same continent.
phooey.

• Hiya
  • Liked: 1
Re: Valentine's away from your honey sucks
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 03:39:35 AM »
I"m with you...phooey.  Plus I get to watch some couple's kids while they get to go out and be lovey dovey.  Double phooey.  Oh well, last one I have to spend apart from him....hehehe. ;D

"I shall love you until death do us part and then we shall be together for ever and ever." Dylan Thomas

"I am still learning."  Michelangelo

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 01:33:25 PM »
I was that person the last 3 years ladies...just remember that good things come to those that hold onto their love and patience... yesterday was Tom's and my first Valentine in the same time zone...and trust me...all those years alone, celebrating by computer or phone seem like a life time ago... where even though it does not seem it at this time... you will be able to look back on it and smile at how hard you worked to become one together.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 01:34:20 PM by mfredericka »
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2004, 03:20:34 PM »

I agree with Shel.You have to hang on and take comfort that one day you will be with your sweetie,and this time apart will seem like ages ago  ;D ;D ;D

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2004, 04:23:28 PM »
Hugs to all you who are still away from your loves and to those recently united!  I know how tough it can be! My husband used Interflora so much we should have bought stock in them.

It is so worth it in the end..though I can say one thing...I am glad you shared because it reminds me of of when I did not have him by my side makes me appreciate him more.
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

Sponsored Links