Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410900 times)

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #4245 on: January 18, 2015, 09:45:02 AM »
Hugs TamaMoo, I know that feeling of non-closure before the funeral.  When my dad passed away two years ago it was such a weird feeling leading up to the funeral.  I dreaded it but at the same time wanted it to happen so we could mourn properly.

1.  Not been out to a pub or heard any live music since New Year's Eve!  Will I brave the pitch dark and icy cold and walk in to town to hear some music tonight?  I keep saying I will do it but then I don't, but I really think I'll be glad if I do it!  :-\\\\

2.  My crush (and no, Mrs. Robinson, I'm not getting obsessed!  :P heehee ) is still out of town.  But anyway, I've really been focusing on me these past few weeks.  Practicing music and dreaming my dreams for the future.  [smiley=guitarist.gif]

3.  Was a baking maniac these past couple of days and made about 5 different kinds of cookies in big batches to be frozen for future use.  [smiley=chef.gif]

4.  I had my first driving lesson (not a professional one) and it went well!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

5.  To be continued.....

5.  I *did* make it to the pub!  Walked down there in the dark and cold (with a flashlight and a young Spanish backpacker who is here for a few weeks).  The roads were icing up and it was a bit touch and go in spots but we got there.

The music was great and I even had a chat with one of the musicians and he gave us a lift back.  Good thing 'cause things had gotten really icy by the time we left!

« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:54:41 AM by Andee »
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

• Liked: 9
« Reply #4246 on: January 18, 2015, 06:03:00 PM »
Hooray for an enjoyable evening out! :)

My 5 didn't happen. They didn't come look at the car and didn't say why they didn't. We will be getting the same amount selling it for scrap, so it doesn't matter. I'll also feel better knowing we aren't selling it to someone who has to sink a lot of money into it. It just would have been nice to know he wasn't coming.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4247 on: January 23, 2015, 03:32:07 PM »
1.  Found out that my crush has a girlfriend!  :o  That's OK and they look cute together, so....onwards and upwards!  ;)

2.  I've taken on the role of Wendy as in Wendy and the Lost Boys.  Caring for a rag-tag bunch of international boys.  we've got Italy, Spain, Estonia, and Holland represented here!  The boys are working hard but were eating nothing but bread and cheese or bread and peanut butter.  So I've taken to cooking for them everyday a big pot of something to get them through lunch and / or dinner.   [smiley=chef.gif]

3.  Here on the west coast of Ireland we had two days that felt like a prelude to spring!  And that was when some of you in the UK had snow!   [smiley=daisy.gif]

4.  Going on a harp pilgrimage in a couple weeks down to Limerick to check out the harp school, have a lesson, and meet two harp-y friends down there (one of which is giving me the lesson).  Oh!  and I'll try some new harps as well!  :)

5.  New possible romantic development!  For now we are being neighbourly (don't worry Mrs.R--no popcorn farting haha!), but we shall see.....we are supposed to get together for a few tunes and a glass of wine upon his return (he is going away for 2 weeks).   [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Married October 2007

« Reply #4248 on: January 23, 2015, 07:05:41 PM »

5.  New possible romantic development!  For now we are being neighbourly (don't worry Mrs.R--no popcorn farting haha!), but we shall see.....we are supposed to get together for a few tunes and a glass of wine upon his return (he is going away for 2 weeks).   [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Yay for possible new romance! The popcorn farting bit sounds like an interesting story.  ;D

1. I had a mini meltdown about 20 minutes ago. Frustration with trying to get an auto salvage to come get our old car (we're not looking for lots of money for it, just want it gone and a little cash for it would be nice), trying to get a credit card to build credit for getting a mortgage only to be told I don't have enough credit card debt to get a credit card, my sister's first birthday without her coming up in a couple weeks, missing my uncle, the wrong time of the month is this new pre-menopausal life I am living.. The cry helped a lot. Amazing how much junk you can free yourself of with a good cry.

2. Much like Andee, we have had a couple days that hinted at spring. Everyone here knows I love snow, but if I can't have it, it may as well be warm.

3. Last Saturday I finally got to meet and hold my cousin's little one. She is almost 7 months old, but with living two and a half hours away and completely different work schedules, we hadn't gotten together. She looks just like her mom at that age, with hints of her daddy mixed in.

4. Not a lot to report this week. Just relaxing at home, mostly, and being frugal now we have a car payment.

5. I LOVE deep, deep discounted Christmas clearance. I found an adorable shelf sitter Santa, two adorable shelf sitter elves, a box of cards that was overpriced at original cost and some adorable penguin gift tags, all for 25 cents each.

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4249 on: January 24, 2015, 01:56:34 PM »
Hugs TamaMoo  [smiley=hug.gif]  I know all about mini meltdowns and hormonal craziness!  Crying is the way forward.  Or maybe I should say cry when you need to and don't forget to laugh when you can!
Married October 2007

« Reply #4250 on: January 24, 2015, 03:24:55 PM »
Thanks,  Andee! Hugs to you too. I still find lots of laughs in life,  but I think I just held on to some emotional ick too long,  and freed myself of it yesterday. The hormonal aspect makes it all so much more interesting than it used to be.  ::)

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4251 on: January 30, 2015, 01:41:50 PM »
1.  Friday again!  Off to the pub tonight to listen to music and get caught up with my friend here who is very big sister-ish toward me.  Will see if the boys want to come along, too.  [smiley=gossip.gif]

2.  Will go to the pub tomorrow night as well and am going to bring my fiddle.  :)

3.  I have done so much cooking and baking this week that I've lost track of all the stuff I've made.  I've been "promoted" to cook now when there are small groups in, but I was already doing that anyway!  [smiley=chef.gif]

4.  I've been practicing loads.  [smiley=guitarist.gif] 

5.  Am still not popcorn farting (TamaMoo and anyone else; it just means going all giddy like popcorn popping in the pot!) but am looking forward to a particular person coming home in about a week.  ;)
Married October 2007

« Reply #4252 on: January 30, 2015, 06:46:47 PM »

5.  Am still not popcorn farting (TamaMoo and anyone else; it just means going all giddy like popcorn popping in the pot!) but am looking forward to a particular person coming home in about a week.  ;)

Aah, I get it! My brother has always had a much different meaning for the term. You seem far too ladylike for that nonsense.  ;D Sounds like a great week!

1. My intention was to grocery shop, get the car plated, dinner in the crockpot, and mostly sit on my butt today in between changing loads, for the two loads of laundry I wanted to do. I spent the morning running all over town for nothing, because the dealership didn't send off the title yet. But, I am sitting on my butt now, with pumpkin pie Pop Tarts, Pepsi (the real stuff, not diet, because I earned it  ;D ), and am watching "Dead Poets' Society", so life is good.

2. The city is heavily treating the streets today. We are suppose to maybe get less than an inch Sunday, so I am not sure why they are bothering. Maybe they have heard a different report than I have. Either way, I am sure they have jinxed the snow and it won't happen.

3. As I mentioned in another thread yesterday, the gender reveal for great niece/nephew#2 was yesterday morning. Shelby and Chris are having a girl!  [smiley=smitten.gif] This will make one of each for them.

4. MIL has booked her flight for her visit this summer. She will arrive June 16 and fly back July 4. She and mom are already planning what they want to do.  ;D

5. Other than me working tomorrow morning, we are planning a very quiet weekend.

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4253 on: January 30, 2015, 08:35:35 PM »
Congrats on the soon to be new arrivals!  Think positive!  Maybe you will get a good couple inches of snow!!
Married October 2007

• Liked: 12
« Reply #4254 on: February 06, 2015, 08:19:12 AM »
1. Groundhog Day -- Punxsatawney Phil did not cooperate  >:(

2. Big Snow back home and very cold.  Beginning to be anxious about next trip back

3. Still cold here -- snuggies, long sleeve shirt, sweater and fleece -- and that's indoors.

4. Finally bite the bullet and get hair cut.  Fairly decent but still think it costs much too much.

5. Better re-think my packing.

Oh yeah, there was something last Sunday about the Patriots (yippee, I guess  ::) )
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

« Reply #4255 on: February 06, 2015, 05:57:56 PM »
1. Today I have only grocery shopped, did dishes, one load of laundry and vacuumed. I decided I was actually going to spend most of today relaxing. It feels weird. I feel like I should be up doing things like the closet I keep putting off. I'd hate to think I can't be lazy on a day off.  ::)  :o

2. We've figured we can most likely be able to book out flights in a few weeks for our holiday later this year.  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

3. Although the groundhog said six more weeks, we are looking at some temps in the 50s in the next week. If I can't have snow, it might as well be warm.

4. I love technology. Things have been slow at work, and thanks things being all shiny and modern, I am getting a lot of reading done on my phone.

5. Shelby and Chris have decided on Addalee Lynn for the little one, and are going to call her Addie. I love that, since Addie is my (very beloved) great aunt's name.

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4256 on: February 13, 2015, 07:03:33 PM »
Happy Friday the 13th everyone!  [smiley=clover2.gif]

1. We're meeting mom and dad later for dinner and some shopping. I'm looking forward to it.

2. I did all my housework this morning, and am spending the rest of the time until hubby gets of work sitting and relaxing with some Tim Burton films.

3. We're back to quite cold temps after a few tauntingly warm days.

4. Because of saving for flights, we're keeping Valentine's Day low key this year. A bit of chocolate each, and a home cooked dinner tomorrow with some films, avoiding the crowds that will be out and about.

5. Can't think of a 5, so it must have been a quiet week.

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4257 on: February 13, 2015, 08:45:53 PM »
TamaMoo a bit of chocolate and a special home cooked meal are all you need for a perfect Valentine's Day!

1.  Went into 'town' today and got a cute dress at the second-hand shop.  It had a hole so I got it for only 2 euros!  I can easily fix it and may wear it to the pub tomorrow.  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

2.  We are celebrating Valentine's Day up at the big house tomorrow with curry (I made a squash and carrot with chick pea thing) and other Indian bits and pieces.  [smiley=smitten.gif] Too bad our cute Italian backpacker is leaving tomorrow morning and won't be able to have dinner with us.  :(

3.  Going down to the pub tonight with my fiddle.  Yay me for being brave.  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

4.  Going to the pub tomorrow night as well, with fiddle and hoping for good things.... ;)

5.  My life is so crazy different now than it used to be.  I love it and hope I heal completely and love again.... :)
Married October 2007

« Reply #4258 on: February 14, 2015, 02:26:45 AM »
It sounds like you are well on your way to healing Andee! I agree, chocolate and a meal really is all that is needed. :)

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #4259 on: February 20, 2015, 05:39:42 PM »
1. Well, I got my snow, about 8 inches so far and a bit more on the way. Yay!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] Not the feet of snow that some have, but I don't want that much, and the chaos that goes with it.

2. With it came bitter temps of -9f locally, lower elsewhere in the area, with wind chills of -30 or more at times. We came home to frozen pipes yesterday afternoon, despite attempts to keep it from happening, and are still without water. Maintenance is on the way again, with strict orders to not hold a blowtorch under the pipe like he did yesterday. That is the #1 thing you are not supposed to do. The whole apartment filled with fumes that are bad for us and potentially deadly for Joey. Plus the guy said he scorched the wall behind the pipe and had to be careful because of a PVC pipe nearby (deadly fumes if that happens).

3. I ended up working today on my day off. It was only 4 hours, but extra money anyway. We ended up going in early, just before 5, since we were both starting at 7, so we could shower and wash some laundry. With the extra time while waiting for the washer, I had a good hot soak so I could do my legs, then an extra long shower after that. I felt quite pampered, despite the early hour. I love the tubs at work.

4. After a bit of runaround with the Obamacare part of our taxes, it looks like it may be longer than we thought to book our flights, depending on when the tax return comes.

5. Other than snow and cold, we don't have much going on this week. I fear we are becoming homebodies, and not the adventurous people we used to be.

― Dr. Seuss

Sponsored Links