Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 410938 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #4410 on: August 25, 2017, 02:52:01 PM »
Ooh, home brewing and you're in a band?  What kind of music?

I'm in five bands. I play trombone and I range across many genres: 
1.) 1920s/trad jazz/dixieland
2.) 1940s/swing music 
3.) Salsa/Latin music (the whitest salsa band ever, lol)
4.) Rock 'n' roll/R&B/boogie woogie
5.) Traditional British Brass band

Trad jazz is my favourite to play  :)
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #4411 on: August 25, 2017, 03:09:50 PM »
I'm in five bands. I play trombone and I range across many genres: 
1.) 1920s/trad jazz/dixieland
2.) 1940s/swing music 
3.) Salsa/Latin music (the whitest salsa band ever, lol)
4.) Rock 'n' roll/R&B/boogie woogie
5.) Traditional British Brass band

Trad jazz is my favourite to play  :)

Oh, it's too bad we're nearly at the opposite end of GB to you!

Do you choreograph movement with your playing?  Are you, like, super energetic?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #4412 on: August 25, 2017, 03:13:33 PM »
Oh, it's too bad we're nearly at the opposite end of GB to you!

Do you choreograph movement with your playing?  Are you, like, super energetic?

Yes!  She does some dance while tromboning, she's just about to post some pictures.  Come on Phatbeetle....

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #4413 on: August 25, 2017, 04:30:46 PM »
You will often catch me dancing, because I get into the spirit!! :-D 

Here's a video from my wedding, if you're so inclined. This is my Rock 'n' Roll Band.  My Dad flew over from the US for our wedding and joined us on the bass. 

You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4414 on: August 25, 2017, 04:34:56 PM »
Yeah for sutures out!  I'd rather be in pain than itch!!!!

Yeah for bank holiday weekends with loved ones!!!

Happy soul searching PB.  I'm doing the same.

1.  In the car driving to the airport to spend the night at the hotel before flying to Florida tomorrow.

2.  I was sad to leave my (newly single) cat.  The cat sitter is going to spend an hour a day with him.  I hope she gives him the good pets.

3.  While I am not looking forward to the flight tomorrow with a baby and toddler (are three year olds toddlers?)...  I have learned not to fear the flight.  That will end.  Fear the jet lag!!! 

4.  As an allergy family our bags are loaded with food!!!  I was going to list what we've packed but it's obsene!

5.  Today my phone mysteriously went down to no power in no time.  Maybe it wasn't plugged in overnight?

« Reply #4415 on: August 25, 2017, 05:01:20 PM »
You will often catch me dancing, because I get into the spirit!! :-D 

Here's a video from my wedding, if you're so inclined. This is my Rock 'n' Roll Band.  My Dad flew over from the US for our wedding and joined us on the bass. 

You guys sound good!  I love that your dad joined you... that is so awesome.  Does your spouse play anything?  I always assumed musical people tend to partner up with other musical people, but you didn't mention them as part of the band?

Yeah for sutures out!  I'd rather be in pain than itch!!!!

Yeah for bank holiday weekends with loved ones!!!

Happy soul searching PB.  I'm doing the same.

1.  In the car driving to the airport to spend the night at the hotel before flying to Florida tomorrow.

2.  I was sad to leave my (newly single) cat.  The cat sitter is going to spend an hour a day with him.  I hope she gives him the good pets.

3.  While I am not looking forward to the flight tomorrow with a baby and toddler (are three year olds toddlers?)...  I have learned not to fear the flight.  That will end.  Fear the jet lag!!! 

4.  As an allergy family our bags are loaded with food!!!  I was going to list what we've packed but it's obsene!

5.  Today my phone mysteriously went down to no power in no time.  Maybe it wasn't plugged in overnight?

Have a great trip, KF!  Having done it previously (accompanied my friend and her 5mo and 3yo on a trip to see family because her husband couldn't get the time off work, and she couldn't do that travel on her own!), I don't envy the flight with a baby and a 3yo (I, too,  have struggled with whether they are still called a toddler at that age... I lean toward "preschooler", but that really seems more appropriate if they're actually in preschool)!  My thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

Your ILR appointment is on the 18th, right?  So you will be in the US for just a week or two?  You know... 3 is the perfect age for Disney visits.  But with a baby, it would be less fun for you.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #4416 on: August 25, 2017, 05:02:58 PM »
You guys sound good!  I love that your dad joined you... that is so awesome.  Does your spouse play anything?  I always assumed musical people tend to partner up with other musical people, but you didn't mention them as part of the band?

Thank you!! No, he's got no musical talent whatsoever.  He's content as being my groupie  ;D
You're stuck with me!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #4417 on: August 25, 2017, 05:03:39 PM »
Safe travels KFDancer!!!  Hope your flights all go smoothly!!
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 585
« Reply #4418 on: August 25, 2017, 06:46:23 PM »
Love it!  I'm now trying to think of chicken names.... hmmm....

I named one of my mom's chickens 'September Marie'.  Yeah, it's a good thing I never had children!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #4419 on: August 25, 2017, 08:01:51 PM »
Here are some nice pics of my old farm in Ohio. I miss living like this.

Oh, and see the picture of the mass of white chickens? Look closely in the middle for the black and white thing. That was how the barn cat slept in the winter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4420 on: August 25, 2017, 08:18:56 PM »
The cat in the chickens is toooooo cute!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #4421 on: August 25, 2017, 08:53:37 PM »
The cat in the chickens is toooooo cute!
This was Sam. He was a beautiful and kind cat. His death will always be my biggest regret.

He loved living at the farm. I got him when he was a wee kitten. So adorable and fluffy.

We were expecting a big blizzard and I didn't want him to freeze so I brought him home with me. He ended up being killed that weekend when our house caught on fire. Irony is a b*tch sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Reply #4422 on: August 25, 2017, 09:03:50 PM »
This was Sam. He was a beautiful and kind cat. His death will always be my biggest regret.

He loved living at the farm. I got him when he was a wee kitten. So adorable and fluffy.

We were expecting a big blizzard and I didn't want him to freeze so I brought him home with me. He ended up being killed that weekend when our house caught on fire. Irony is a b*tch sometimes.

Oh, Tami, that is so heartbreaking!  You were just looking out for him.  I'm so sorry.  He looks just as you described: beautiful and kind.

• Liked: 210
« Reply #4423 on: August 26, 2017, 12:42:46 AM »
Joining late. :D

1. Our puppy growled and barked at the river today! I got it on video, and it's adorable.

2. I learned the meaning of a sideboard today. I'd always pictured it as a long counter. :D

3. I love the British summer. Mild enough to go out, and cool enough to run around and not get too hot. The sun today was glorious.

4. My wife and I are going bear hunting tomorrow! There's an adorable event called The Big Sleuth. You go around town to find bear statues that have been decorated for charity, and you get prizes online. It's like a cross between geocaching and Pokemon Go. :D

5. We might visit York sometime soon. We need time together as a couple. Anyone know of a reasonably priced place to stay there?
Online application submitted April 5, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK April 17, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield April 24, 2017
Submitted ToR May 12, 2017
Decision email: June 2, 2017

• Liked: 111
« Reply #4424 on: August 26, 2017, 01:04:53 AM »
It's 6:45pm CST so it's still Friday:

1. I live in Houston and we're awaiting the arrival of a certain Harvey. Two days ago, he was a tropical depression. Yesterday morning, he was a tropical storm. Last night, he was a Category 1 Hurricane. This afternoon, he upgraded to a Category 3. Thirty minutes ago, he has been upgraded to a Category 4 hurricane. Harvey needs to stop his crap and go home.

2. Said Harvey doesn't hit the Texas coast until midnight on Saturday morning but all school districts are closed. My sixteen-year-old is a high achieving student and she's done all her homework, has done all her reading ahead of schedule, practiced her saxophone before noon. She declared that she was "totally over this hurricane". They're talking about school being closed all of next week. Oh geez.

3. Went to the neighborhood Aldi and realized everyone has kids just as annoying as mine because they ran out of wine! FML!

4. Realized at the second grocery store outside my subdivision had wine but little of anything else. I should have really taken this storm a bit more seriously. But at least I know Viognier and Zinfandel has some water in it.

5. I'm praying that we don't lose electricity. I am okay to lose the food in the fridge but being in a house in Houston without a/c terrifies the hell out of me. People are ugly when they're uncomfortable and I'm the worst. I fear for my family and neighbors. Let's hope for the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links