Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 411106 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #4575 on: November 17, 2017, 04:39:48 PM »
Ksand we were in Florida for the buildup of Irma and the forecasted kept showing the main US model and the main Euro model and continuously stressed that the Euro model tends to be more accurate!

Jimbo, beer and chocolate sound great.....  but hubs needs gluten free and I need dairy and soya free.  So lame!

JF, my parents have already said that we can each stay in a night and each go out and play a night in Bruge.  SOLD!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4576 on: November 17, 2017, 04:55:39 PM »
Ksand we were in Florida for the buildup of Irma and the forecasted kept showing the main US model and the main Euro model and continuously stressed that the Euro model tends to be more accurate!

Yeah, I was reading an article about the different models a couple of weeks ago - it's interesting to see which ones are more accurate.

I flew through Atlanta the day before Irma hit the city... I just had my fingers crossed that the path timing was correct and that our flights wouldn't get delayed!

• Liked: 585
« Reply #4577 on: November 24, 2017, 11:17:29 AM »
1.    Going out with OH’s work colleagues to a German-style place where pints of draught are £5.10 -- owya.
2.   I would much rather be at home, watching Gogglebox in bed, but for various reasons, I feel obliged to go.
3.   Early Christmas present to myself of a steel pint cup, with Abbeydale Brewery’s logo etched on, for drinking my water out of at work.  Everyone’s been admiring it!
4.   Sort of a sleety-snow thing going on outside.
5.   My friend’s greyhound had to have a toe amputated!  I’m going to visit the poor wee hobbly soul tomorrow.

« Reply #4578 on: November 24, 2017, 11:38:24 AM »
1.  I've got two job prospects at the moment.  Giving Oracle another shot to attend the interview this afternoon.   ::)  Had an interview for a different company yesterday and got a second interview.  We'll see if my luck is turning.

2.  Really good Thanksgiving yesterday.  I'd encourage everyone to get involved with local Americans (we are everywhere) to celebrate these days that often make us feel far from home.

3.  I have a massage booked this evening.

4.  Friday night movie night, we've realised neither of us have seen Erin Brocovich.  Tonight will either be that, The Founder, or the most recent 50 shades of Grey film.

5.  Mount Washmore is overflowing and some serious laundry needs to be done this weekend!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #4579 on: November 24, 2017, 12:47:15 PM »
The Founder!  That's the film on Amazon Prime that I keep forgetting to remind my husband of!  Thanks for reminding me to remind him!  Maybe we'll watch it this weekend.

1.  My husband is home tonight!  Yay yay yay!

2.  He has a job interview tomorrow for a job that will satisfy Home Office, is close to home, and doesn't sound as hateful as his current job (which he's been in, and hating, for almost 15 years).

3.  I have decided that trying to squeeze in a Thanksgiving-like dinner tonight will be too much, with my husband getting ready for his interview, after driving three hours to get home, and with a 7:30 alarm clock in the morning.  So we are having it on Sunday, instead.

4.  I told my husband of my plans to do "Thanksgiving-like dinner", but that I was moving it to Sunday.  He said, "Sounds fine to me. It also shows me that Mexican platter moves for no occasion."  He's very good at making me laugh at myself.  But it's true.  Mexican platter moves for no occasion!  *stern look*

5.  I have sunshine today!  My "sun room" (glassed-in porch) will be so cozy.  Too bad I'm going to waste it by being in the workshop.  Yay!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #4580 on: November 24, 2017, 02:48:28 PM »
I can recommend "The Founder".  It was under rated and should beat 50 more shades rubbish by a country mile. 

• Liked: 585
« Reply #4581 on: November 25, 2017, 11:44:02 AM »
2.  He has a job interview tomorrow for a job that will satisfy Home Office, is close to home, and doesn't sound as hateful as his current job (which he's been in, and hating, for almost 15 years).

Fingers crossed... I really hope it goes well and ends happily!!

« Reply #4582 on: December 01, 2017, 12:08:22 PM »
1.  We have one of awful “elf on the shelf” creeps.  But I’m loving it.  Kid truly thinks the elf will rat her out to Santa.  She just moves around the house and doesn’t get into things.  I also don’t post her every move on Facebook.

2.  I really miss sleeping.  Baby has a cold and screams bloody murder if you try to put him in his cot.  He was awake for three hours straight last night.  Yawn.

3.  Going for drinks tonight.  I’ll probably nap in the corner of the room.

4.  White elephant party tomorrow!  I need to figure out a dish to bring.

5.  My American bff in the UK is returning at Christmas now!

« Reply #4583 on: December 01, 2017, 01:12:59 PM »
1. My husband is home tonight!  Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

2. After our Thanksgiving turkey success last week, and with the 'promise' of a high of 10° and "shiny cloud" on Sunday (that's what we call the partly sunny/partly cloudy graphic in the forecast apps), we are going for our first pizza cook!  Might do calzones, but they're basically the same thing, just one is folded over like a parcel.

3.  I bought two of these, and some apples.  Will be making individual apple pies in the cooling down pizza oven.  Because everybody knows that pizza (calzone?) and apple pie are a classic combination....?   ::)  I just want them, okay?!

4. The job my husband applied for had interview slots available for last Saturday and tomorrow... after that, they will be making their decision.  Only 1 to 3 weeks to go before we hear something.

5. I somehow managed to buy things (booze, workshop stuffs, other random stuff) and still only spent £360 on food and miscellaneous stuff for November.  I don't feel deprived, and I still has UKVI's moneys (it's not mine... I owe my soul to the UKVI store).

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #4584 on: December 01, 2017, 03:43:06 PM »
It's Star Trek night. I think Discovery is over for a bit so tonight is TNG. Catering done by  M&S half price Belgian Chocolates.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #4585 on: December 01, 2017, 03:53:16 PM »
Happy Friday!

1.) Uggh, starting Christmas shopping this weekend. Big bag of suck. :-X

2.)  FIL's birthday on Sunday and we need to find him a birthday gift too.   :-\\\\

3.) Probably will make him a birthday cake. I hate baking. But his family doesn't really do birthday cakes for some reason. So,it will probably go down like a lead balloon.  But I said to J that I could make him a cake and he thought it was a brilliant idea. ( Well, FIL has a huge sweet tooth and is always being told off by MIL.. So he's got to resort to sneaking cake and biscuits and chocolate. So his own birthday cake, he will love, because he can't be told off, ahhaha)   [smiley=balloon.gif]

4.) December is manic!!! So many gigs I am playing, plus social engagements and parties.  [smiley=juggle.gif]

5.)  Been a 3 day work week for me,  and still feels so long.....  Hurry up and end the work day, please!  [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #4586 on: December 01, 2017, 08:55:51 PM »
3.) Probably will make him a birthday cake. I hate baking. But his family doesn't really do birthday cakes for some reason. So,it will probably go down like a lead balloon.  But I said to J that I could make him a cake and he thought it was a brilliant idea. ( Well, FIL has a huge sweet tooth and is always being told off by MIL.. So he's got to resort to sneaking cake and biscuits and chocolate. So his own birthday cake, he will love, because he can't be told off, ahhaha)   [smiley=balloon.gif]

Let him eat cake!  Ohmigosh, I am so sad for him!  But you'll sort him out.  I really hope he gets to eat his cake in peace.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #4587 on: December 02, 2017, 08:59:30 AM »
Let him eat cake!  Ohmigosh, I am so sad for him!  But you'll sort him out.  I really hope he gets to eat his cake in peace.

I know, right? 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #4588 on: December 04, 2017, 01:41:34 PM »
2. After our Thanksgiving turkey success last week, and with the 'promise' of a high of 10° and "shiny cloud" on Sunday (that's what we call the partly sunny/partly cloudy graphic in the forecast apps), we are going for our first pizza cook!

*sigh*  It rained from 11am to 1pm.  Then it drizzled/misted/threatened rain until about 3pm.  By the time it looked "safe", I had given up on the weather and put the dough in the freezer, so it wouldn't have come to room temperature and risen in time to cook pizzas and let the oven cool before it got dark.  The weather lied to us, then it lied again.

So we had the backup plan of ... um... spicy hawaiian barbecue chicken noms?  I don't know what to call it.  Anyway, we had it and was nice.  But it wasn't pizza and apple pie. :(

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4589 on: December 04, 2017, 01:45:31 PM »
*sigh*  It rained from 11am to 1pm.  Then it drizzled/misted/threatened rain until about 3pm.  By the time it looked "safe", I had given up on the weather and put the dough in the freezer, so it wouldn't have come to room temperature and risen in time to cook pizzas and let the oven cool before it got dark.  The weather lied to us, then it lied again.

So we had the backup plan of ... um... spicy hawaiian barbecue chicken noms?  I don't know what to call it.  Anyway, we had it and was nice.  But it wasn't pizza and apple pie. :(

Could you not knock up a sort of roof on legs to put over it so that you can cook in the rain? Or would that be too much of a fire hazard!  ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab