Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Friday Five!  (Read 411000 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Friday Five!
« Reply #4710 on: January 26, 2018, 03:56:47 PM »
The husband finally opened his drone from Christmas.

He immediately flew it over the neighbor's fence.   ::)

He's 39 and had to go next door and knock to "ask for his ball back." 

BWAHAHAHHAHAHA.  Best £20 I've spent!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #4711 on: January 26, 2018, 03:59:51 PM »

4.  I think we are getting somewhere with our holiday in May.  Croatia is in the lead.

You are going to love Croatia, lots of rocks and very green grass

« Reply #4712 on: January 26, 2018, 04:01:01 PM »

That's me!  I'm a goat!

Friday Five!
« Reply #4713 on: January 26, 2018, 04:07:53 PM »
Does it respond at all?  Maybe it's just on the wrong frequency setting.  Can you change frequencies?
Thanks for the effort, but it's extremely more complicated than that.  Drones can share frequencies with no problems these days because they bind with the transmitter at the beginning of a session and share unique identifiers.  That binding might be the problem. 

The problem also might be that the transmitter has to be programmed to fly each kind of drone and I'm not sure I've done that right.  And the transmitter works in some dodgy open source software that doesn't want to work.  And finally the crystal on the drone itself seems to have trouble connecting to a  certain frequency and the cheap toy transmitter is fine with this but the geekmaster transmitter I bought is to fancy for that.

« Reply #4714 on: January 26, 2018, 04:09:31 PM »
It did come with a fetching orange lanyard though

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #4715 on: January 26, 2018, 05:17:18 PM »
I described myself as a goat.  A GOAT people.  <sigh>  I won’t see them again (confirmed).

How does this happen?  I mean... talk me through this.

5.  I can’t do anymore interviews people.  I just can’t.   :\\\'(

Start your own business!  First employee hire: child-minder.

He's 39 and had to go next door and knock to "ask for his ball back." 

This is awesome.  Did he look sufficiently sheepish?

Thanks for the effort, but it's extremely more complicated than that.  Drones can share frequencies with no problems these days because they bind with the transmitter at the beginning of a session and share unique identifiers.  That binding might be the problem. 

The problem also might be that the transmitter has to be programmed to fly each kind of drone and I'm not sure I've done that right.  And the transmitter works in some dodgy open source software that doesn't want to work.  And finally the crystal on the drone itself seems to have trouble connecting to a  certain frequency and the cheap toy transmitter is fine with this but the geekmaster transmitter I bought is to fancy for that.

Is it one of those annoyingly lengthy pairing sequences that you have to do exactly right, and if you mess up, you have to start over from the beginning... but once you get it, it's set for life (or until you reprogram it for something else)?  Like the replacement garage door opener I bought to control the gate to the condo where I was staying in LA.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #4716 on: January 26, 2018, 05:39:31 PM »
How does this happen?  I mean... talk me through this.

Start your own business!  First employee hire: child-minder.

This is awesome.  Did he look sufficiently sheepish?

I'm starting to wonder if this is the universe telling me it's time to move on from the UK!  Seriously.  But this morning was a sh*t show.  The guys I interviewed with will tell people stories of this interview forever.  Seriously.  To be fair, there was a moment when all three of us had our heads down on the desk laughing.  Oh, it was a bomb!

I would LOVE to open my own dance studio.  But alas, I am not "qualified".  <sigh>

Yes, he was very sheepish.  It was really funny.  Bloop, straight over the fence.  Just like that.  LOL!

« Reply #4717 on: January 26, 2018, 06:58:30 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if this is the universe telling me it's time to move on from the UK!  Seriously. 

You would leave us...?   :\\\'(

But, you do have citizenship now.  You could come back any time, I suppose.  Where would you go?  Near your family back 'home'?

But this morning was a sh*t show.  The guys I interviewed with will tell people stories of this interview forever.  Seriously.  To be fair, there was a moment when all three of us had our heads down on the desk laughing.  Oh, it was a bomb!

Maybe that is a good thing...?  Maybe because you'll stick out in their memory, and there were moments of tears of laughter, they'll have good thoughts when making their deliberations.

I would LOVE to open my own dance studio.  But alas, I am not "qualified".  <sigh>

Can you just take a test to demonstrate the requisite competency to be qualified, or are you required to follow a programme of study?

Yes, he was very sheepish.  It was really funny.  Bloop, straight over the fence.  Just like that.  LOL!

In 2011, I gave my sister-in-law a tank of helium and my brother a mylar shark thing for Christmas... they were so pleased with it that they inflated and assembled it immediately (this derailed the opening of presents for a bit, but nobody minded).  For the rest of the evening, my brother and SIL took turns flying Dumpling all over my parent's house.  They loved him.

Now, the instructionsare very clear.  They state it outside the package, inside the package, and everywhere you look: "for indoor use only".  *sigh*

My brother thought, "it's not windy at all..."  *bigger sigh*

Next thing I know, my SIL is fighting tears (never name things, people!  Never!), and my brother is looking really sheepish.  I managed to get outside before Dumpling had floated completely out of sight.  But it was clear he was gone forever.

I'm sure my brother wished there was a neighbour's door he could knock on to get his ball back.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4718 on: January 26, 2018, 07:06:49 PM »
1. Had an interview today.  It will be very memorable for the interviewers.  I put my foot in my mouth a LOT.  And I described myself as a goat.  A GOAT people.  <sigh>  I won’t see them again (confirmed).

But you see, you allowed that to happen because you didn't really want this one!  8)

« Reply #4719 on: January 26, 2018, 07:08:20 PM »
You would leave us...?   :\\\'(

But, you do have citizenship now.  You could come back any time, I suppose.  Where would you go?  Near your family back 'home'?

Maybe that is a good thing...?  Maybe because you'll stick out in their memory, and there were moments of tears of laughter, they'll have good thoughts when making their deliberations.

Can you just take a test to demonstrate the requisite competency to be qualified, or are you required to follow a programme of study?

In 2011, I gave my sister-in-law a tank of helium and my brother a mylar shark thing for Christmas... they were so pleased with it that they inflated and assembled it immediately (this derailed the opening of presents for a bit, but nobody minded).  For the rest of the evening, my brother and SIL took turns flying Dumpling all over my parent's house.  They loved him.

Now, the instructionsare very clear.  They state it outside the package, inside the package, and everywhere you look: "for indoor use only".  *sigh*

My brother thought, "it's not windy at all..."  *bigger sigh*

Next thing I know, my SIL is fighting tears (never name things, people!  Never!), and my brother is looking really sheepish.  I managed to get outside before Dumpling had floated completely out of sight.  But it was clear he was gone forever.

I'm sure my brother wished there was a neighbour's door he could knock on to get his ball back.

Not going to lie, I am genuinely starting to wonder if the UK is where I belong career-wise these days.

I'm down to the final stage (yet again!) for one job that should be decided next week.  And I think it could be good (tough but good).  I also got invited for an interview for a very much-sought-after-job.

But, oh today.  Wow.  It really showed that I am becoming certifiably insane due to having been on so many interviews now.

Oh, those guys will remember me.  And we had a good laugh today.  But I am not advancing.  Didn't take long to get that phone call.   ;)

For dance, I could be mentored by another teacher and qualify in two years.  But where can I find that time?

I want a helium tank!  My birthday is August 20.  Wink wink, nudge nudge.  May Dumpling RIP.

« Reply #4720 on: January 26, 2018, 07:25:34 PM »
Not going to lie, I am genuinely starting to wonder if the UK is where I belong career-wise these days...

Oh, those guys will remember me.  And we had a good laugh today.  But I am not advancing.  Didn't take long to get that phone call.   ;)

For dance, I could be mentored by another teacher and qualify in two years.  But where can I find that time?

Aww, already got the call?  That's... well, at least you expected it.

Is there something related to dance that you could do that would get you qualified eventually, but in the meantime you're running your own business?

I don't know what that looks like, yet, but I dunno... it seems like you should follow your passion.

Also, don't leave us!  ;)

I want a helium tank!  My birthday is August 20.  Wink wink, nudge nudge.  May Dumpling RIP.

Okay, everybody... let's take up a collection!  (They're not expensive, though... it'll just cost you your conscience:
https://www.partyrama.co.uk/helium-cylinders/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIquPn66v22AIVL5PtCh18hwOlEAAYASAAEgJQQ_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
But:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/05/26/the-world-is-wasting-our-irreplaceable-helium-and-nobody-cares/#32e9c665132b

I didn't know about this back in 2011.)

« Reply #4721 on: January 26, 2018, 07:32:02 PM »
Aww, already got the call?  That's... well, at least you expected it.

Is there something related to dance that you could do that would get you qualified eventually, but in the meantime you're running your own business?

I don't know what that looks like, yet, but I dunno... it seems like you should follow your passion.

Also, don't leave us!  ;)

Okay, everybody... let's take up a collection!  (They're not expensive, though... it'll just cost you your conscience:
https://www.partyrama.co.uk/helium-cylinders/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIquPn66v22AIVL5PtCh18hwOlEAAYASAAEgJQQ_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
But:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/05/26/the-world-is-wasting-our-irreplaceable-helium-and-nobody-cares/#32e9c665132b

I didn't know about this back in 2011.)

Oh yes.  The call was NOT a surprise.  Not my most professional show.

If I had known I was going to be living in the UK for the long-haul, I would have qualified during my first few years here.  But then we decided to marry and do the whole kid thing.  I don't think it's something I can realistically pursue AND be home with my family now.  And that's okay.

Thing is, I AM passionate about finance and love what I do.  Just need to find the right fit.  Hopefully I'm getting there. 

I'm guilty of helium balloon purchases.  You gotta have balloons on your birthday!

• Liked: 585
« Reply #4722 on: January 27, 2018, 09:13:29 PM »

I LOVE GOATS!!!

« Reply #4723 on: January 29, 2018, 10:41:32 AM »
I LOVE GOATS!!!
Me too!  Their cheese is fantastic and a goat gyro is really good as well.  I know  a goat herder and she's got a pretty cool life.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #4724 on: January 29, 2018, 05:41:07 PM »
Albatross knows my love of goats too!

KFDancer, a goat is pretty cool. Stubborn.  Doesn't follow the crowd.  Sometimes butts their horns and head into someone who is trying to get them to do something they don't want to do.  Isn't afraid of climbing high or being out there on their own. I'd hire a goat! 

In other news, the paint never made it up the A9 on Friday.  So painting has been put off until next weekend.  Oh. Darn. Gee. Such a shame.
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links